GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Don’t see why where Michkov went has any relevance to what I said. The argument was that Michkov would be going 2nd overall if he was actually that good, so why shouldn’t Demidov undoubtedly go 1/2 if he’s much better than Michkov based on the same argument?
I don't know who made that 2nd overall argument as I don't have time to read previous pages on this rapidly moving thread but Michkov was ranked 5th on Bobby Mac's poll of scouts last year and Demidov is ranked #2. Of course every team has a different list and this year there lists are more variable as there isn't much separating the next ~10 picks after Celebrini which is why there is so much uncertainty in where players ranked near the top will go. This is the only thing all the hockey pundits seem to be unanimous about.

The Russian factor will always be there plus we keyboard warriors don't personally know the players and haven't interviewed them in person. NHL scouting teams have done their homework on all the players. Russians are more difficult to evaluate in this sense as scouts don't have as much access to view them live, talk to coaches, teammates etc.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I want Demidov but most likely he won’t be available because:

- McKenzie ranking shows 6/10 scouts have him 2, probably all top 4.

- Michkov coming in next year really puts to rest the whole “Russian factor risk” narrative.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

- Michkov coming in next year really puts to rest the whole “Russian factor risk” narrative.
The russian factor risk for Demidov was already dead , him and his camp were much more vocal about wanting to play in NA than Michkovs. Still , Its funny how things shifted with Michkov

Reactions: Essenege

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It’s hilarious to go RD in a F heavy draft and then LD in the next draft while you’ve desperately needed a game-breaking F for years and years and years and have an over abundance of LDs.

I hope to see how they dig themselves out of the hole.

There is worst hole to dig yourself out when you draft number 1 and 2 dman and very scarce asset.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
You guys…Pronmans mocks a highly accurate and not only was Demidov available, but we passed on him and pick Buium.

Just a warning so you understand it is very possible come draft time.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

The Russian factor has a lot more complexities to it than just their KHL contracts. That's only one component.

Reactions: salbutera and Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad