GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread - ESPN , Sportsnet & TVA Sports (Canada) 7:00 - June 28 - 29

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
One million percent pass.

I don't know everything there is to know about his issues and honestly didn't really know about the player until recently but it seems hockey media is talking about Connelly in a far less negative way than Miller or Mailloux. Not sure why that is...unless it is because of he has put the time/effort into changing? Some team is going to take him...and it will be interesting to see how the hockey world reacts...

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
He at least seems to own his past transgressions a lot more than Miller did, that’s for sure

Still would rather just not even go there
I think this organization has been burnt 3 times in the last few years on stuff like this. Better to go the quiet rout for a while from an organizational business perspective. We don't need another fanbase ready to tar and feather management like Montreal.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I don't know everything there is to know about his issues and honestly didn't really know about the player until recently but it seems hockey media is talking about Connelly in a far less negative way than Miller or Mailloux. Not sure why that is...unless it is because of he has put the time/effort into changing? Some team is going to take him...and it will be interesting to see how the hockey world reacts...
Bruins are out of chances, kid could be golden but they can't use their 1 on him.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Bruins fans. If Trevor Connelly falls to 25...what do you do?

His checkered past is very public. There will certainly be scrutiny.

On the positive side, he has done some impressive work in diversity, inclusivity including coaching/mentoring kids from non-traditional hockey markets like Latin America and the Carribean. His agent is John Osei-Tutu.

Thoughts?
They'll absolutely pass, IMO. If they passed on Mathew Barzal for giving them a genuine answer to an interview question then there's no way they take this kid.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

On the positive side, he has done some impressive work in diversity, inclusivity including coaching/mentoring kids from non-traditional hockey markets like Latin America and the Carribean. His agent is John Osei-Tutu.

Thoughts?

Originally I said no way. However after reading this I might say give this guy a chance provided he's done the work to change, which ought to be easily verifiable. But after the Miller shit show, for which Bruins were rightly hammered, there is no way they risk it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Thoughts?
I tend to not condemn a 16 year old for something he liked on Instagram or something he said for the rest of their lives like some people.It sounds like he’s trying to better himself,but unfortunately that’s not enough for some people.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Habs moving up to take him?
Connelly agent Tutu who’s Bussi agent - he and Sweeney have a very good relationship

Connelly playing for the Bruins college farm system Providence under the watchful eye of Nate Lehman. Lehman has done on ice drills at Bruins DC in a Bruins breaker

Connelly is doing everything he can to reverse his image

The two people very influential in his life Sweeney trusts and knows well

I doubt he gets to Bruins - I’m sure Montreal would now take him at 21

Jeff Gorton has been a thorn in Bruins side since he left organization starting with Kreider

Donny I think has a very good relationship with Jeff but alls fair in love and war and Gorton knows the kid is being put in a situation he can succeed if he puts in the time and effort

Gotta admit he’s the one prospect tonight I want to see where he lands

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Connelly agent Tutu who’s Bussi agent - he and Sweeney have a very good relationship

Connelly playing for the Bruins college farm system Providence under the watchful eye of Nate Lehman. Lehman has done on ice drills at Bruins DC in a Bruins breaker

Connelly is doing everything he can to reverse his image

The two people very influential in his life Sweeney trusts and knows well

I doubt he gets to Bruins - I’m sure Montreal would now take him at 21

Jeff Gorton has been a thorn in Bruins side since he left organization starting with Kreider

Donny I think has a very good relationship with Jeff but alls fair in love and war and Gorton knows the kid is being put in a situation he can succeed if he puts in the time and effort

Gotta admit he’s the one prospect tonight I want to see where he lands
I had to look up his story. Didn’t know anything about it.

If the bs actually did their fact checking this time and all of what is said is true, id take the kid.

I read that some people had him right under Celebrini for North American talent in this draft

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He has taken far more steps to at least look like he's putting time in to educate himself.

Also, with Miller and Mailloux there was a specific victim. With the lego thing you can argue that there was no one victim targeted, though some who saw the post may have been triggered.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
He has taken far more steps to at least look like he's putting time in to educate himself.

Also, with Miller and Mailloux there was a specific victim. With the lego thing you can argue that there was no one victim targeted, though some who saw the post may have been triggered.
Who's your guy at #25?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Prince Harry dressed up like a Nazi and he wasn’t 16 and he’s the darling of the media now.I think we can give this 16 year old kid a break.lol

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Question. Why are some reluctant to trade the 25th? If McGroarty is to be had and it takes the 25th to do it then why not? Will the pick this year help the Bruins now? Can't wait 3-5 years in hopes that it's a hit when you can try and secure a former first rounder with a high ceiling, great attitude and a winning record. Seems like a no brainer to try hard.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Isn't the big knock on McGroarty that he is slow? I have no problem with a big, slow goal scorer like Brazeau and he is only 20 so I would include the 25th pick in a deal for him. It's going to cost more, I would stay away from current roster players.

That said if the Ullmark deal then becomes McGroarty, Kastellic and an overpriced backup it's isn't a terrible, terrible deal, just a weak one

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad