NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s 5 spots too early according to Mckenzie’s list. That at least may throw some plans into a bit of flux. I think Silayev def starts slipping at that point. Do we take a chance on him?

We have two guys that regularly give us good info saying that staios LOVES iginla. The boss usually gets his guy.
Did you read the article or watch Mackenzies show. It keeps talking about how there is no real concensus after number 1 and everyones lists are all over the place. So no its not 5 spots too early each teams list will be very different after 1. If Buium does go that early its almost guarantees the sens have a shot at iginla i think.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Could always look silly saying it but I hope we don’t draft him over the bigger stronger skilled players either.
Parekh is the kind of player I’d love for us to play against and destroy.
Comparing him to Erik Karlsson is a bit simplistic. EK65 could skate like the wind. To name one difference.
Yeah the Karlsson comparisons are completely bizarre, it kind of confirms a lot of people in the hockey world didn't really pay much attention to Karlsson in his prime. One of Parekh's biggest knocks is his lack of straight-line speed, something that Karlsson was arguably the best in the league at one point in his career.

Parekh's also very small and he will get completely bullied in his own end unless he seriously bulks up. He worries me a lot with his lack of speed and strength.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
That would be Anaheim going BPA as they are absolutely loaded on LD. They have Mintnyukov, Zellweger and Fowler already. All kinda similar to Buium as well. I think it would be a little suprising only because thats probably the biggest organizational strength.

He's also from SoCal. And while that shouldn't play into things, if he does reach his potential a home grown star would be pretty cool for them.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Yeah the Karlsson comparisons are completely bizarre, it kind of confirms a lot of people in the hockey world didn't really pay much attention to Karlsson in his prime. One of Parekh's biggest knocks is his lack of straight-line speed, something that Karlsson was arguably the best in the league at one point in his career.

Parekh's also very small and he will get completely bullied in his own end unless he seriously bulks up. He worries me a lot with his lack of speed and strength.

Yeah, I know some here like Parekh. Not me. I like having beef on the backend.

Our D is soft enough as is.

Reactions: senswon

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah if you actually watch this is obvious.

Reactions: DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Its his play in the ozone... anyone that compares him acknowledges Karlsson's skating as a big advantage and it is knock on Parekh because Karlsson's skating could get him out of trouble where Parekh's would not.

Parekh is a wizard in the ozone .. his vision and IQ are top of the charts . In transition as well his vision , and passing is high end. So in that way he reminds people of Karlsson... probably where it ends.. That's why NHL comparables fall apart .. there are no perfect matches.

Frank Corrado talks some on Parekh today on 1200.. recording posted above.
I am not pushing for Parekh.. I do respect his abilities but I also see some risk but I think there is at least some risk with all the top 6 D..

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Once he has the puck in the offensive zone he can look a little like EK. But not comparable players overall. Skating is kinda a big part of eks dominating game.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did you read the article or watch Mackenzies show. It keeps talking about how there is no real concensus after number 1 and everyones lists are all over the place. So no its not 5 spots too early each teams list will be very different after 1. If Buium does go that early its almost guarantees the sens have a shot at iginla i think.
I think we have a shot at iginla whether buium or silayev goes 3rd.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sennecke's bet365 position continues to rise. O/U set for 6.5

I don't think he's landing in Utah for whatever reason, I think this O/U is indicative of Montreal and Ottawa's interest specifically. I also have Sennecke at O/U 11.5 everywhere and am pleased with his rise.

I think if Dickinson is gone Staois and company are going to have a real tough decision to make between Iginla and Sennecke.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Parekh comparison to EK are laughable to me. Not even close .

I have admitted I think he’s terrific in the offensive zone but he’s nothing like EK other than that. Karlsson had McDavid elite speed and loved to carry the puck everywhere. Parekh doesn’t carry it much and passes it off .

I’m going to be upset if we pick him

Reactions: Icelevel

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I like Karlsson and he was indeed quick and had high speed, but I never thought he was "the best in the league" in straight-line speed at any point in time.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I also like the potential of Yakemchuk and nice to have a shooting threat from the point.

Catton hasn’t missed his projections since he was drafted to the WHL, and his stats are only behind Bedard at this stage in his development. He is a can’t miss prospect

You can teach defence…and that goes with Parekh as well

To an extent, sure. It really depends on why the player isn't good defensively to begin with. If he's dumb, there's only so much you can do. If he doesn't give a shit, there's only so much you can do. If his physical tools are lacking, there's only so much you can do.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mccagg is funny man. Last couple days when it’s starting to look obvious that demidov is going to the habs. He just starts pumping Demidovs tires like crazy.

If Habs pass on him. He will be ripping demidov for the next 10 years

He’s a hack

What site offers these options?

The score betting app is another option I’ve used . Sennecke is now 6.5 instead of 11.5 I got a while back though

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

Remember when Karlsson burned past Kane in OT in ~2014 or so? Kane had a significant head start. Unbelievable straightline speed.

To be fair to Parekh, he's significantly bigger than Karlsson was at the same age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad