NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Have you watched any actual games? I watched most of the U 18's I dont know how anyone could possibly like Eiserman more than Iginla if you are watching more than highlites. Eiserman was a non factor against Canada like almost invisible. What do you think its going to be like against NHL defenses? You seem to like the players with the best youtube highlites I am not going to lie.

Work always translates, because no matter who you are in the NHL level you have to do it. You need both skill and work. The ability to play in traffic is an elite talent, everyone can shoot from the perimeter now. The fact you dont agree with that is simply mind boggling.

Also Iginla's gold medal winning goal was a rocket from distance. He also had a beautiful set up while Eiserman did absolutely nothing. Those are elite plays when the games on the line.

Not sure how we got into Eiserman vs Iginla, since I only mentioned Eiserman in a trade down scenario. But of the two I do prefer Eiserman slightly.

And you're right that most of my viewings are from highlight packs and scouting vids. Personally I like the highlights because they show what a player is capable of at their best moments. When I see a guy make a play and think "the other guys can't do that" it gets me excited. That's the ceiling I want to draft for.

I think Eiserman's shot is going to make him a legit sniper in the NHL, and I think the rest of his game will fill out okay.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Yeah Forsberg is going the other way... Thats a cap dump plus getting a very good asset in Markstrom back. To move 2 spots. Your expectations to move 2 places might not be realistic.

Just in terms of draft picks, what do you think it would cost to move back 2 spots that high in the draft?

I am having a difficult time finding reasonable comparables because of how seldom it happens. There is the infamous Toronto/Columbus 2015 offer, where Toronto asked Columbus for two very high 2nds and a late 2nd to move down from 4 to 8. Granted, this is a much bigger gap value wise than 7 to 9.

According to PuckPedia using the Perri Pick Value chart, we should get a mid 2nd to drop from 7 to 9. So something like 7+late pick for 9+41 would be very close.

IMO, that seems low when you look at things like the recent Islanders and Blackhawks trade, and also take into account the unique value of Iginla to Calgary.

If the value of Markstrom is somewhere around a late 1st, I think 7 for 9+Markstrom is reasonable given the unique value of Iginla to Calgary. Under normal circumstances, a late 1st seems like it would be too much to swap 7 and 9.

If we assume Iginla has no added value beyond normal, than it would have to be something like 7+39 for 9+Markstrom. 39+2 spots would be equal to an average mid to late 1st, which is what I would suspect Markstrom will go for in a trade.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.46.55 PM.png

Reactions: bicboi64

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure how we got into Eiserman vs Iginla, since I only mentioned Eiserman in a trade down scenario. But of the two I do prefer Eiserman slightly.

And you're right that most of my viewings are from highlight packs and scouting vids. Personally I like the highlights because they show what a player is capable of at their best moments. When I see a guy make a play and think "the other guys can't do that" it gets me excited. That's the ceiling I want to draft for.

I think Eiserman's shot is going to make him a legit sniper in the NHL, and I think the rest of his game will fill out okay.
There is a reason real scouts go to games. Eiserman doesnt get himself into positions to use his shot when it gets tight. Thats why he is dropping on everyones list. Realistic NHL goals arent the highlite ones they are the ones in big games and tight checking matches. Abusing bad players that will never player in the NHL isnt an accurate depiction of a players trajectory in the NHL

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
There is a reason real scouts go to games. Eiserman doesnt get himself into positions to use his shot when it gets tight. Thats why he is dropping on everyones list. Realistic NHL goals arent the highlite ones they are the ones in big games and tight checking matches. Abusing bad players that will never player in the NHL isnt an accurate depiction of a players trajectory in the NHL
I guess we'll see. Maybe we'll draft Iggy and one of us can eat some crow in a couple years.

I should warn you though that i was also high on boucher pre-draft and am due for some redemption.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I think there are maybe 5/6 guys who are likely on the table, barring a guy like Lev or Lindstrom falling, any of which would be fine picks at 7. Not sure there is any worry of a Boucher type pick, would be a very, very large reach for a guy like Greentree or Beaudin for that kind of shock

Dickinson
Iginla
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Silayev
Buium

I'm not sure that the Sens will be looking at Catton, Demidov, Helenius or Parekh, for better or worse. The above group would be the guys I'd be expecting to be the talk around the table in Ottawa and Vegas.

I'd be happy with any of those players being picked at #7 as well.

Does Silayev have much offensive upside or is he more of a defensive presence? Curious on Dickinson's offensive upside too.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Wonder how high Solberg gets drafted. I bet he goes ahead of some of the established Dmen. Physicality is great, skating seems good, some untapped offensive potential. Being from a non-traditional hockey market and playing in a weaker pro league against men since a young age is an interesting development path.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Wonder how high Solberg gets drafted. I bet he goes ahead of some of the established Dmen. Physicality is great, skating seems good, some untapped offensive potential. Being from a non-traditional hockey market and playing in a weaker pro league against men since a young age is an interesting development path.
Feels like every few years there is a relatively unknown euro defensemen that shoots up the draft boards late and goes much higher than anyone anticipated during the year. Feels like he could be the guy this year

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I'd be happy with any of those players being picked at #7 as well.

Does Silayev have much offensive upside or is he more of a defensive presence? Curious on Dickinson's offensive upside too.
If he becomes the beast he can
Silayev is what we need in front of the net
The noodles we have dont get the job done

Reactions: Yak and Senovision

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Silayev is my pic I am enamored with his speed for his size and his the size and his size. Did I mention his size.

I project him at worst being a Tyler Myers which is not exactly the worst thing in the league. His upside could be the second coming of Chara, we could only hope.

A lot of drafts you sliding down a little bit so it can happen.

Reactions: Alex1234

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Silayev is my pic I am enamored with his speed for his size and his the size and his size. Did I mention his size.

I project him at worst being a Tyler Myers which is not exactly the worst thing in the league. His upside could be the second coming of Chara, we could only hope.
It'll be worth it if he can end up with a nickname as awesome as chaos giraffe

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Silayev is weird. On one hand, he has a great chance of ending up as the 2nd best player from this draft, but on the other hand, a lot of scouts seem to think his high-end talent is limited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad