GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ello

Jun 12, 2018
If anaheim goes Buium good for them. Sticking to their guns and drafting BPA and worrying about need afterwards

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Yeah, I've read it. He has fantastic hands, and a good shot. He's very talented, he just has no drive.
i think the hands is more a result of the fact that he reads the play well and puts himself in good positions to make a pass, control the puck around a defender, etc. i’m not seeing the shot, but people often see things i don’t so who knows. as i was implying above, iq is a “talent” all to its own. the suggestion was not that he lacks “talent” full stop.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is it possible to turn off the "live thread" feature as a user? It's weird following the thread and then the last 2 posts are from "moments ago" while I'm reading posts from hours ago.

I wasn't able to find it in my settings or at the top of this thread. Just curious, thank you

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Is it possible to turn off the "live thread" feature as a user? It's weird following the thread and then the last 2 posts are from "moments ago" while I'm reading posts from hours ago.

I wasn't able to find it in my settings or at the top of this thread. Just curious, thank you
Pretty sure the live thread feature is a back-end feature, and mods make a thread live. No way to turn it off as a lowly peon, AFAIK.

You can just hit the refresh button on the browser and it will re-sort the posts properly, FYI.
What time is kickoff?
6pm central.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
If Craig Button, The Hockey News, scouting organizations like FC Hockey & Dobber Prospects are "niche" then I suppose the only good report we can get is from The New York Times. Amen.

Dobber Prospects is a scouting organization now? Their head scout looks like he's 23 years old and he lives in Montreal. He's also their lead European scout. Dobber Prospects lead *European Scout* based in Montreal...

Craig Button is incredibly niche. He's almost a contrarian. He falls head over heels for like a handful of players.

Tony Ferrari at THN/FC was a blogger turned scout. Also formerly of the renowned Dobber Prospects...

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He'll somehow end up in CBJ and they'll walk away with the consensus #2 back to back years...
I’m all for it, obviously 😀

Frankly, I’m completely shocked Demidov isn’t a lock at 2 now that the main concerns about him have been resolved
- he’s 6”0 180+
- speaks English
- focused on playing in the NHL ASAP
- Michkov already moving to the Flyers

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Frankly, I’m completely shocked Demidov isn’t a lock at 2 now that the main concerns about him have been resolved
- he’s 6”0 180+
- speaks English

The main concerns have always been his skating and how much stock you can put into his production given his QoC.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Remember when Bowen Byram was consensus #2? (multiple picks after him have been better)
Or when Quinton Byfield was consensus #2? (multiple picks after him have been better)
How about Nolan Patrick?

Point is, just because a player is consensus #2, doesn't mean they will be the 2nd best player drafted. You just hope the guy your team picked turns out to be that top guy you wanted. Zero guarantee Demidov is the 2nd best player in the draft, chances are actually probably pretty slim.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If he's really that great why is it being suggested in mocks that he slips all the way to Montreal? Silayev/Buim/other D and Lidstrom could realistically be selected before him

Reactions: Idionym and Taze em

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Interesting that Marek states Buium goes to Anaheim. The two names I've been hearing are Silayev and Sennecke at #3. Buium is intriguing...

Levshunov to Hawks at #2
Lindstrom to Columbus at #4 (unless traded) lots of smoke this pick could get traded

The two above are the ones I feel I have a good read on.

Montreal at #5 like Demidov and Buium a lot

Utah at #6 are looking at Sennecke or Silayev (whichevers available)

Ottawa at #7 You'd think are going right shot defenseman in Parekh or Yakemchuk

Seattle at #8 I have no read on this situation. Likely a defenseman due to their lack of high quality ones. Looking at their draft history, they really like the offensive minded defensemen like Buium or Parekh. Or do they play it safe with Dickinson?

Flames at #9 Has to be Iggy right??? If they pass on Iginla, its because they really like a defenseman available

NJD at #10 No read on them. This pick might very well be traded

San Jose #11 Almost certainly they take one of the big 6 defenseman... maybe Solberg slides up

Philly at #12 I think they are looking for a Center badly. Helenius, Catton, or trade up for Lindstrom are possibilities

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nvm.

I remember 75% of this board Byram. I never thought he has #1 potential. He showed up in thr cup run playoffs but never really any other time. But I thought the 2018 Dman class was mostly better than him and same with many in this class. He just seemed not to engage on the boards enough, he hit now and then. But winning battles was a concern

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This draft might be worse than 19 going in...at least you had Kakko coming off a really good WC as a consolation prize for losing out on Hughes

Geoist

May 1, 2015

- he’s 6”0 180+
- speaks English

I'm hoping all the rumors about the Hawks going with Levshunov are just running on the fumes of old information. I agree, I don't see how the Hawks pass over the player with arguably the highest ceiling in the draft, especially with such a weak pipeline of forwards...

If he's really that great why is it being suggested in mocks that he slips all the way to Montreal? Silayev/Buim/other D and Lidstrom could realistically be selected before him

Because mock drafts are not the same thing as rankings.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
GMDSxa7.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad