GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
you said “they”, “they” here being “People (who) keep saying they want demidov.” i’ve seen plenty of people who “keep saying that” who haven’t said anything about how bedard needs help, including myself. i’ve also seen plenty of people gesture at the d prospect pool in justifying picking a dman. you don’t see me making sweeping generalizations about everyone that wants lev or whoever doing so out of a sense of positional need. the closest i got to it is when i said that’s what it would read like to me if the hawks made that pick. dare i say it’s you with some kind of psychological complex you don’t want to acknowledge? no, i dare not. i don’t know you, and evidently i am not nearly as presumptuous as you. or at least, i’m not here to score points on a pseudonymous hockey forum.
I never said everyone. So I don't know why you interpret as every single poster. But I also have referred to chgo and not just people on here im talking about it. You said you're not a prospect guy so I don't even know what your defense about it is.

Chgo Greg guy yesterday was going on Bedard needs help and a winger, so I can't see how you can't pass on that... those are need over evaluation of prospect points. They could at least stick with that

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I never said everyone. So I don't know why you interpret as every single poster. But I also have referred to chgo and not just people on here im talking about it. You said you're not a prospect guy so I don't even know what your defense about it is.

Chgo Greg guy yesterday was going on Bedard needs help and a winger, so I can't see how you can't pass on that... those are need over evaluation of prospect points. They could at least stick with that
Agreed 100%, that's an awful argument.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I never said everyone.
“they” is a generalization. it applies to tbe category of people you delimited as quoted above, and then went on to describe as being delusional about the fact that they only want demidov because of positional need. i’m just responding to what you said. hence why i made the very kindly worded suggestion that you should refer to who you are talking about, preferably by name and with quotes. otherwise it comes off in the way i am outlining currently.

you don’t have to listen to me. i am only text on on a computer screen.

Last edited:

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
I think KD is going to shock everyone and take Buium. They’ve probably inadvertently scouted him since his days at Shattuck- gotta love having Mission as a neighbor- and then at the NTDP - since Moore was on his team- and then at Denver because of Aiden Thompson.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

2Q==.jpg

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Need to pick Demidov because the majority of the scouting community have him as the consensus #2. I doubt the Hawks scouts view him any differently.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Let's all be honest

This is the equivalent to Pace thinking he is smartest guy in room and reaching on Trubisky

Drafting Levshunov at #2 is going to be first moment of real pause about direction this franchise is going under Davidson

And frankly if Levshunov regresses next season at Michigan it will be potentially fireable offense

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
We could trade down and get Yakemchuk

So yeah just makes no sense to value Levshunov at #2

Yeah just trade down because all the other teams will just comply that we want Yakemchuk and not select him in good faith. I’m so tired of reading just trade down. You have no idea what other teams boards look like. Take whoever is your guy at 2 and move on.

Reactions: Pez68

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Ive read Yakemchuck has some backwards skating issues and isn't really viewed top 10 by most. How would that be a good move?

Even guys like Craig Button who have Lev not top 5... don't have Yak top 10 either. What's the value of that?

Reactions: Idionym

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Another reason passing on Demidov is mistake IMO is that this organization biggest need in system at this moment is talent at W

We drafted Bedard #1 and our 3 best F prospects are all C's (Nazar, Moore and Greene) while we have also utilized a lot of draft capital already on our D pool

Korchinski (1st rounder)
Rinzel (1st rounder)
Allan (1st rounder)
Vlasic (2nd rounder)
Harding (3rd rounder)
Kaiser (3rd rounder)
Del Mastro (4th rounder)
Phillips (5th round)

Meanwhile we have very little on W in system or on roster

Kantserov (2nd rounder)
Lardis (3rd rounder)
Hayes (3rd rounder)

Are only potential high-end wingers we have of noted promise

Reactions: Wally1112pac

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Another reason passing on Demidov is mistake IMO is that this organization biggest need in system at this moment is talent at W

We drafted Bedard #1 and our 3 best F prospects are all C's (Nazar, Moore and Greene) while we have also utilized a lot of draft capital already on our D pool

Korchinski (1st rounder)
Rinzel (1st rounder)
Allan (1st rounder)
Vlasic (2nd rounder)
Harding (3rd rounder)
Kaiser (3rd rounder)
Del Mastro (4th rounder)
Phillips (5th round)

Meanwhile we have very little on W in system or on roster

Kantserov (2nd rounder)
Lardis (3rd rounder)
Hayes (3rd rounder)

Are only potential high-end wingers we have of noted promise
I'm not worried about lack of W compared to Cs. Its easy for Cs to transition to W.

Reactions: Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Much worse skater and worse in transition.

We just have to hope that playing a second season in the NCAA will allow him to progress to a level that we didn't see this year.
I don't think Yak is that bad of a skater. Good edge work and he can fly when he gets going but he definitely lacks burst. He's got good hands for a forward let alone a defenseman an absolute bomb of a shot and he's much more physical player.

He's definitely not as good moving the puck up and he has the same hockey iq questions defensively but I don't want to take either at 2. But if we're rolling the dice I want the bigger meaner more talented player.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don't think Yak is that bad of a skater. Good edge work and he can fly when he gets going but he definitely lacks burst. He's got good hands for a forward let alone a defenseman an absolute bomb of a shot and he's much more physical player.

He's definitely not as good moving the puck up and he has the same hockey iq questions defensively but I don't want to take either at 2. But if we're rolling the dice I want the bigger meaner more talented player.
Obviously I'm on record that I think Levshunov is the wrong pick.. but yeah, both of those guys aren't my favorite at 2.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Let's all be honest

This is the equivalent to Pace thinking he is smartest guy in room and reaching on Trubisky

Drafting Levshunov at #2 is going to be first moment of real pause about direction this franchise is going under Davidson

And frankly if Levshunov regresses next season at Michigan it will be potentially fireable offense
Not close to the same situation. Trubisky was a huge reach and had many questions about his actual talent level.

Lev is a consensus top 5 pick among scouts and for good reason. Despite what Disgruntled keeps claiming, Lev is absolutely a safe pick for a top 4 guy, Buium is not.

I also don’t for a second believe that this love for Demidov from you is more because of your weird ass infatuation for Russians.

Reactions: Idionym

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
if I was wanting a dman with the second pick it would not be Lev…Hope we take demidov, the potential of he and bedard is far more appealing than any dman in this draft. Let’s hope Kyle has a trade ready if he does not select demidov at 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad