GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
from what i've seen, the consensus on the demidov side is that lev doesn't project as a top pairing d while demidov does project as a top line forward. from there, it's pretty straightforward to say that the hawks need the latter rather than the former. the two arguments aren't mutually exclusive.
Lev, Buium, Yam, Sailyev, and Dickenson all have a good case of top pairing D.

Seeing posts and other places people specifically saying we scored the lowest goals(besides the player won't make an impact there for 2-3 years regardless who it is) or we have nothing to pair with Bedard. Those are pure draft for need points. I know you've said you're not a prospect guy, but therebis scouts who have demidov not top 5/top 10 too. Like all these D aren't 2nd pair guys

Reactions: TheDachKnight

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not really talking about this draft pick but Hawks D prospect pool is pretty overrated by our fan base and the offensive pool is slightly underrated by our fanbase.

If I was a Hawks hater I could say:
Vlasic needs to prove it with another year (I think he will)
Korchinski was objectively the worst defensemen in the NHL last year
Edm is a 4th rounder
Rinzel was an old freshman behind his age curve

And for the offense:
Bedard is just like… not considered? Look at the bruins 23-24 season stats. Pastrnak had 110 pts. The next closest player had 67. Bedard is all you need for a plus offense pool. Before you even consider Moore (wildly underrated) and Nazar (slightly overrated) then some very promising lottery tickets— Kantserov et al.
Woahh

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Not really talking about this draft pick but Hawks D prospect pool is pretty overrated by our fan base and the offensive pool is slightly underrated by our fanbase.

If I was a Hawks hater I could say:
Vlasic needs to prove it with another year (I think he will)
Korchinski was objectively the worst defensemen in the NHL last year
Edm is a 4th rounder
Rinzel was an old freshman behind his age curve

And for the offense:
Bedard is just like… not considered? Look at the bruins 23-24 season stats. Pastrnak had 110 pts. The next closest player had 67. Bedard is all you need for a plus offense pool. Before you even consider Moore (wildly underrated) and Nazar (slightly overrated) then some very promising lottery tickets— Kantserov et al.
Korchinski wasn't even the worst defenseman on his team.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Not the place for the argument. There is a guy on SJ that was close to as bad as Korch but it is what it is. He’s young AF. But it wasn’t good for many reasons.

To the guy listing hawks D worse… yea I’m talking about regulars obviously. Of regular D in the NHL he was the worst last year.

The D needs help. Vote Levy.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Korchinski wasn't even the worst defenseman on his team.

I mean, they were all pretty comparable. Korchinski got caved in this past year. There's no way to sugarcoat it and you can't even say his transition game or offense popped because it didn't. He never should have been in the league. He had a couple of flashes throughout the year but like any 19-year-old D rushed into the league, the result was predictable.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I mean, they were all pretty comparable. Korchinski got caved in this past year. There's no way to sugarcoat it and you can't even say his transition game or offense popped because it didn't. He never should have been in the league. He had a couple of flashes throughout the year but like any 19-year-old D rushed into the league, the result was predictable.
Korchinski was bad, no doubt. But to my eyes, nowhere near as bad as Tinordi.

I agree he shouldn't even have been in the league.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Korchinski was bad, no doubt. But to my eyes, nowhere near as bad as Tinordi.

I agree he shouldn't even have been in the league.

I would agree that Tinordi was the worst of the bunch but again, they were all comparably bad. Zaitsev, Korchinski, Megna and Tinordi all had very similar results. They were all caved-in at 5v5. They all struggled to move the puck efficiently and effectively and they all struggled to defend. Just have to hope the year Korchinski endured doesn't screw with his confidence long-term. Going from being a playmaker and stud transition D in junior to getting worked over every night in the NHL would no doubt f*** with you.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I see Lev as more Johnny Oduya than Noah Dobson (probably meets in the middle). Lev is a mistake. No use in beating a dead horse, but I’ll be let down by Lev.
Lev scored basically as much in his draft year in the NCAA as Oduya did in the Q. How are they remotely similar players?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Lev better than every draft eligible defensemen in college history statistically. He’s not getting credit because Buium was better statistically. Dragged an 18-18 msu team to 25-10. Buium joined a 30-10 team.

Levy was +27. Only one other player was above +13. Most of the team was around even. He’s a great player not a good one. Can’t go wrong either way.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lev better than every draft eligible defensemen in college history statistically. He’s not getting credit because Buium was better statistically. Dragged an 18-18 msu team to 25-10. Buium joined a 30-10 team.

Levy was +27. Only one other player was above +13. Most of the team was around even. He’s a great player not a good one. Can’t go wrong either way.
This doesn't make sense.

Reactions: BHawk21

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The more you think about it….really sucks that there aren’t better/more exciting options available for us with a #2OA pick. Feels like it’s all coming down to either an underwhelming defenseman(compared to what you usually see going #2OA) or a Russian forward that is a major wild card and won’t be available for another year on top of it.

Like that’s the best we can possibly get with this high of a pick? Im not impressed not gonna lie. Hope whoever we pick proves me wrong.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
People keep saying they don't want to draft need but I keep reading need arguments for Demidov

Demidov is the BPA after Celebrini. But the fact Hawks need forwards in the pipeline more than defense only strenthens the argument to pick him.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County

re-read that first sentence then try again lol

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The more you think about it….really sucks that there aren’t better/more exciting options available for us with a #2OA pick. Feels like it’s all coming down to either an underwhelming defenseman(compared to what you usually see going #2OA) or a Russian forward that is a major wild card and won’t be available for another year on top of it.

Like that’s the best we can possibly get with this high of a pick? Im not impressed not gonna lie. Hope whoever we pick proves me wrong.
Most years #2s aren't ready year 1.

Last year was a very rich in high end forwards draft.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
You both know exactly what I mean. Man people on this board are deeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnse
No we dont know, how did one put up the best statistical season in college history while being behind another player who in your own words outperformed him statistically.

But yes Taze em, it is us who are dense and not the person who cant even string together two sentences without having them conflict with eachother.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad