GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
As draft day finally draws near, let us all recite the Mevin Kusto Oath of Equanimity and Good Faith:

I am not a professional hockey scout.

Try as I might, I have not spent enough time to properly evaluate the top players in the draft, let alone players further down the draft board.

I have not watched the majority of these players in person, let alone met them or assessed their fit in the organization.

I reserve the right to be excited or disappointed by draft picks, but I will refrain from broad kneejerk declarations of failure or success for the rebuild or the organization as a whole.

I will not lose sleep because Kyle Davidson drafts my 63rd-ranked player with pick #50 instead of my 42nd-ranked player.

I will remember that projecting the hockey careers of 18 year olds is an enormous challenge, and what seems obvious today may appear completely different in a year's time, let alone by the time these players are ready to play in the NHL.

Above all, I will remind myself that I know less than I think I do.

All the above being said, I will light myself on fire if they don't pick Demidov.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
See more and more boards with Dem #2. And I remember reading our scout in Russia wanting him over Lev in article on Athletic. So hoping he pulls hard for us!

I get Lev may be good but that is my preference. And has been for quite some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDachKnight

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8763.png
IMG_8779.jpeg
IMG_8762.jpeg

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Not gonna lie, picking Levshunov at 2 will hurt my trust in the Hawks scouting team, until they prove us they were right, which would most likely take a few years.

I'm not a scout, and have barely seen any of the prospects play. The Hawks have a team of professionals whose job is to evaluate the prospects and pick whoever they consider BPA. That being said, all 32 teams have professional scouts and it looks like most of them have Demidov as the second best player of the draft. So why should we blindly believe that the Hawks know better than the other scouting teams? Assuming most teams have competent scouts, the majority will be right more often than not. So I hate that we might be going against the majority in such a key draft for the team's future.

Also not a fan about them not wanting to discuss trading the pick without hearing what other teams have to offer (although that's just me speculating based on Lebrun's phrasing).

But if we end up picking Demidov despite all the smoke around Lev, I will buy a Kyle from Chicago jersey!

Reactions: Geoist

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At #2 and#18 in combination: 3 combos likely:

.Lev+Hage

Or
.Demidov+Dman(Solberg)*
OR
Demidov+Hage (no dman 1st round...meaning they go Dman at +34

IF Hage taken off before #18 ...they go to Luchanko(KD loves great skaters...I am not sold on Luchanko 'shot for goal scoring but he can create =great playmaker...and like his compete.

* a premium onRD...Solberg is aLD ..so if Jiricek still there at #18 KD may takehim instead. For need...but I am uncertain on Jiricek...we lost a season on hom duecto injury ...so development time missed...ranking solely based on his potential from 22/23 season ..I am justcuncertain if he still is la top 20 given so little from this 23/24 season to view on..
But hecseemscto be getting the benefit of the doubt for thev potential the scouting community saw tgexseson before..Do not know howvhogh KD ranks him.

To me I just know what I see in Solberg.. Rose 25 spits from mid-term onthe BobzmcKensie poll of 10NHL scouts list. THEY SEE what I seebut I lije Solberg even more than they do!.

I see kit of Scott Syevebsvin hom...Uber physicality..As one commentator said : when Solberg hits you you goto the ISS(International Space Station) ...implying you get hit so hard you do not want to be playing on the same planet agaibst this guy..

Solberg is a human eraser..butvalso very goid sjater,4 way mobility,win both left and right side agility testsxatvthe combine...verycstring...very stringbon skates..great hard shot..Needsctobwork on puck handling..but good outlet pass ..I feel tgerevis latentboffensive potential if he gets the chance to bomb that shot more from the point.. Not goingvto be thatvcreativecan attacker but could still score goals if pairedcwith a more creative RD to set him up for Hodgkins shot.But as a defender..he has great instincts. Can shove guys off pucks.. win battles.. clear netvfrint..getvtonloisevoucksxand clear ..Plus a violent but clean hitter..Oposibg forwardsxwillnot want to be near this guy.Utvmay force thevoooscto attack only tgrough HawksxRD side.

I just think Vlasic+Solberg +EDM woukd make Hawjsvkeft side D very tough to play against.
Maybe we get sone RD in round two.
And coukd move Kk to Right Side 3rd pairing to start,then to 2RD if he can improvevenough .If hevrealky has offebse then it does not matter which side he plays.
Kk does nitvhaveca goidxshot..It is his sjatibgcand passing that should produce offebse.
Anyway if it was me And if we take Denidiv at #2I would be fine KD took Solberg or took Hage at #18..
I just do not know if he wants 1F+1D or 2 forwards forcax2st roubd combo.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Can’t wait to hear the first interview after levshunov gets picked:

“We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to draft such a smooth skating big right shot defence man”

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Should we make this a poll one last time before the draft? We’ve had a lot of time to discuss and there won’t be much changing between today and tomorrow night. Just an idea

Reactions: ello

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Should we make this a poll one last time before the draft? We’ve had a lot of time to discuss and there won’t be much changing between today and tomorrow night. Just an idea
But a poll of what, we had 2 different polls that I voted 2 ways different because they had different options.

Buium is my #1 target after Celebrini. But if it's a Demidov/Levshunov im going Lev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad