Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This guy is supposed to be a 3rd rounder, we should be all over him. Elite skating, perhaps fastest in the entire draft, elite shooting & physicality. His wrecking ball style flying down the wing and sniping over and over reminds me so much of young Ovi. Also has that swagger/personality with the huge cellys and cockiness etc. Buried on the worst team in the OHL

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This guy is supposed to be a 3rd rounder, we should be all over him. Elite skating, perhaps fastest in the entire draft, elite shooting & physicality. His wrecking ball style flying down the wing and sniping over and over reminds me so much of young Ovi. Also has that swagger/personality with the huge cellys and cockiness etc. Buried on the worst team in the OHL

Can he play RW. Rangers have depth at LW in my opinion. Not a bad option.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Elick over Surin, Freij, Letorneau, Artamonov, etc. would be a terrible pick. Then again, Button's never been a particularly good scout

Redline report lists Elick as the most overrated player, Letourneau as the second most overrated player, Beaudoin as the fourth most overrated player and Freij as the 10th most overrated player.

It has Beaudoin as the slowest footed player in the draft.

He is listed as #2 and Letourneau as #4 under tin man for those that lack heart

Freij is listed as #3 under scarecrows- those with $5 million skills and 10 cent brains....

My wish list would include 1 or 2 of these players for the 1st round

LD- Solberg - (will need to trade up)
C- Hage - (will need to trade up)
C- Luchanko - (will need to trade up)
C- Boisvert - (will need to trade up)
RW- Paraszak - (will need to trade up)
F- Surin
RD- Jiricek - (will need to trade up)
C- Eriksson
C- O'Reilly
RW- Masse
RW- Ritchie

Would love to get one or two 2nd's or a 2nd and a 3rd to get two of these players as well..

RD- Gill
RD- Badinka
LD- Pulkkinen
LW- Mustard
LD- Shuravin
LD- Fischer
RD- Roberts
C- Zether
LD- Skahan
RD- Kleber
LW- Stiga

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can he play RW. Rangers have depth at LW in my opinion. Not a bad option.
I believe so, he's a left shot who's a big shooter. He plays on the right side on the PP and even at even strength a lot of his goals seem to come from the right side. Plays a heavy power forward game despite not being a big guy. I think he'd be a great fit, plays a very north-south game and brings something we lack in our offense.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Bryce Brudziński not at the Philadelphia Flyers development camp. He would be a free agent on August 15. Obvious Ranger tie in and possible Ranger pickup. The team still has a few open roster slots.

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Bryce Brudziński not at the Philadelphia Flyers development camp. He would be a free agent on August 15. Obvious Ranger tie in and possible Ranger pickup. The team still has a few open roster slots.

They should sign someone with NHL potential. Does he have that? They have enough young forwards. They do need help with young defense pro prospects

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They should sign someone with NHL potential. Does he have that? They have enough young forwards. They do need help with young defense pro prospects
It’s a free asset. We had what four picks at the draft? No reason we shouldn’t be in on the NCAA free agent market. No reason this blocks any defense addition if there is someone worth it. Id imagine they’d be trying to bring Truscott in

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It’s a free asset. We had what four picks at the draft? No reason we shouldn’t be in on the NCAA free agent market. No reason this blocks any defense addition if there is someone worth it. Id imagine they’d be trying to bring Truscott in

Rangers have enough young pros with Roobroeck, Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Chmelar, Korczak, Rempe to name a few. They should focus on defense with the lack of young depth on a NHL contract.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Truscott and Brodzinski seem to be the best potential NCAA free agents.

Truscott was the captain this past season of a very good Michigan team. Although his point total was not that high last year according to Elite Prospects scouting report he is a very good passer. But Elite Prospects shows him playing again for Michigan next season so he may not come out.

Brodzinski is a right handed shooting right winger (something the Rangers don't have an excess of) who captained a very good Minnesota team last season scoring almost a point per game. His point total was a little higher than high draft picks Jimmy Snuggerud, Oliver Moore and Sam Rinzell although those three are a few years younger. According to the Keegan Jarvis Wolfpack tracker the Pack have 15 possible forwards but two, likely J. Brodzinski and Othmann, will be with the Rangers and Isaac Dufort could be headed to Bloomington. He was a seventh round pick so we're not talking about Connor McDavid but he could be a Vinnie Lettieri type player who could be good at the AHL level and can move up in a pinch. I agree with Savant. You don't turn down free assets. With injuries at both the NHL and AHL level the Wolfpack are going to need more that 12-13 forwards.

According to Cap Friendly, I mean Puck Pedia, the Rangers have 45 contracts plus Ryan Lindgren so the team has room for one or two more contracts and Hartford has signed only five players, about half of what the team has had the last few years. So there's clearly room.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Long way to go, however...Local kid James Hagens (Hauppauge) is atop the rankings for the 2025 NHL Draft. Could potentially go 1st overall. Fun kid to watch.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad