2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d be ok with any of Iginla, Eiserman, Yak, MBN, or Helenius. I’m thinking that’s our grouping based on projections. Nothing should be as bad as last year.

Reactions: MNRube

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would land in the “I’m very happy” camp with Sennecke
Yeah, Sennecke is the guy that has me intrigued. Really came on at the end of the year, and still seems to have a lot of growing and filling out left to do. Usually, I want to see consistent production and progression, but because of his increase in height and gawky build (reminds me of Boldy, a bit) I can't help but project 3-4 years down the road and see a fast, skilled 6'4" 220lb power forward.

I have no idea about his character and competitiveness.

Just read an article that had people praising Parekh's intelligence both on and off the ice. Dawn Braid (Leaf's skating coach) said that he was a pretty bad skater when she first had him (she has worked with him for years), but has really improved, and she thinks he will continue to do so. Everyone in the article, including Braid, praised his work ethic.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah, Sennecke is the guy that has me intrigued. Really came on at the end of the year, and still seems to have a lot of growing and filling out left to do. Usually, I want to see consistent production and progression, but because of his increase in height and gawky build (reminds me of Boldy, a bit) I can't help but project 3-4 years down the road and see a fast, skilled 6'4" 220lb power forward.

I have no idea about his character and competitiveness.

Just read an article that had people praising Parekh's intelligence both on and off the ice. Dawn Braid (Leaf's skating coach) said that he was a pretty bad skater when she first had him (she has worked with him for years), but has really improved, and she thinks he will continue to do so. Everyone in the article, including Braid, praised his work ethic.
Yeah with Sennecke there’s a lot there to work with. The sample size is scary but players that big that have one on one skills like he has aren’t very plentiful

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve been watching a lot of scouting breakdowns and and working to put together a top 32 sometime before the draft just for fun. Anyone is welcome to join with their own list

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I’ve been watching a lot of scouting breakdowns and and working to put together a top 32 sometime before the draft just for fun. Anyone is welcome to join with their own list
We can all share - I'll post my top 150ish but not comfortable until I have a few more updated rankings from sources I like to follow to at least give me some framework for the later picks. But excited to see yours!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I’d be ok with any of Iginla, Eiserman, Yak, MBN, or Helenius. I’m thinking that’s our grouping based on projections. Nothing should be as bad as last year.
Well. Helenius looks like a 20-21 year old Miettinen with a better shot so he would probably feel right at home :D

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pronman's new mock has us taking Parekh.

I don't know if BG would go for that. I think Parekh might be a bridge too far for him.

I go back and forth on Parekh. On the one hand, he has all sorts of holes in his game right now, and might be a rich man's Calen Addison. OTOH, he could be the next EK65.

Apparently he is a hard working, intelligent guy. Guys like that are usually pretty coachable, which would increase the odds of him being able to improve his skating, strength, and defensive play.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

I don't know if BG would go for that. I think Parekh might be a bridge too far for him.

I go back and forth on Parekh. On the one hand, he has all sorts of holes in his game right now, and might be a rich man's Calen Addison. OTOH, he could be the next EK65.

Apparently he is a hard working, intelligent guy. Guys like that are usually pretty coachable, which would increase the odds of him being able to improve his skating, strength, and defensive play.

Would absolutely love if the Wild got him, tbh. Some of his skills are unique and very hard to teach, and he would add a dimension, if he hits, that the roster lacks.

"If he hits" plays a big part here, I get it, but the draft is all about that. Last year they went for the "safe" "NHL-ready" Center over the smaller skilled wing, and I know we are only a year out but come on. Take a swing, Guerin. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But if it does, we get a top-4 defender who can absolutely open up the ice like we haven't seen in years if not ever.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

I don’t see it happening either. Another risky smaller dman doesn’t seem what this org wants.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

it's a good read. Addresses a lot of the doubts about his game. FWIW, EK65 was much smaller than Parekh when he was drafted. In the comments section of the article posted above, Wheeler addressed his size.

"Yeah, his listing (6’ and 179) checks out. I actually noted it to a couple of people when I ran into him at the airport leaving last year’s draft in Nashville. Stronger kid than you expect when you see him. Well built, honestly."

You can get fooled by players equipment sometimes. I remember that my Dad bought me football rather than hockey shoulder pads when I was a youth hockey player. Also some very big shins for blocking shots. I was fairly tall, but the pads made me look enormous, and much thicker than I really was. Some players have bigger pants, making them look thick, others tuck their jersey into their pants, making them look thinner.

To me, Buium looks thicker and bigger than Parekh, but the things i have seen listed say they are the same size. The combine will sort it out for us.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would absolutely love if the Wild got him, tbh. Some of his skills are unique and very hard to teach, and he would add a dimension, if he hits, that the roster lacks.

"If he hits" plays a big part here, I get it, but the draft is all about that. Last year they went for the "safe" "NHL-ready" Center over the smaller skilled wing, and I know we are only a year out but come on. Take a swing, Guerin. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But if it does, we get a top-4 defender who can absolutely open up the ice like we haven't seen in years if not ever.
There is no doubt that getting a solid RHD like Faber has opened up options for us this year in the draft. I am all about getting some solid defenders with size, but if there is a guy who has game breaking potential you can't ignore him. You can probably include Parekh, Eiserman, and Sennecke in that pile, for different reasons.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
There is no doubt that getting a solid RHD like Faber has opened up options for us this year in the draft. I am all about getting some solid defenders with size, but if there is a guy who has game breaking potential you can't ignore him. You can probably include Parekh, Eiserman, and Sennecke in that pile, for different reasons.

Based on Pronman's mocks, as well as Wheeler and a couple other "experts" - it really seems like Sennecke has a good chance and sneaking into the top-12, and Eiserman will probably go in the 12-18 range. This is a fun draft to speculate on for sure.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Based on Pronman's mocks, as well as Wheeler and a couple other "experts" - it really seems like Sennecke has a good chance and sneaking into the top-12, and Eiserman will probably go in the 12-18 range. This is a fun draft to speculate on for sure.
I change my mind every day on who to pick. Have been on Sennecke for a while, but he is hilariously unfilled out right now. A lot of his ranking is due to to positive projections for him, ignoring the times he trips over his own feet or gets knocked down easily.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Brodin could be a good partner to Parekh, his situational awareness is up there and he can read the ice like the top tier. The physicality is a question mark though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brodin could be a good partner to Parekh, his situational awareness is up there and he can read the ice like the top tier. The physicality is a question mark though.

Parekh seems like a more of a project pick than a NHL ready pick to me. So I'd project a 4 year path of progression as something like this:
-Feb b-day so two more OHL seasons. (years 1 and 2)
-One AHL season after that. (year 3)
-One bottom pair NHL season. (year 4)
-top 4 (year 5)

Brodin is a UFA after year 4.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Parekh seems like a more of a project pick than a NHL ready pick to me. So I'd project a 4 year path of progression as something like this:
-Feb b-day so two more OHL seasons. (years 1 and 2)
-One AHL season after that. (year 3)
-One bottom pair NHL season. (year 4)
-top 4 (year 5)

Brodin is a UFA after year 4.
Can't count on it, but if Parekh hits he could also be the type of guy where year 3 would be a combo AHL/NHL year, and going into year 4 he could play on the second line with a guy like Brodin as a 22 year old.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can't count on it, but if Parekh hits he could also be the type of guy where year 3 would be a combo AHL/NHL year, and going into year 4 he could play on the second line with a guy like Brodin as a 22 year old.

Maybe? I just think he'll need a full AHL season just to adjust his game for pro hockey. He seems to have a lot of "that won't work" at higher levels in his game.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think I posted it a while back, but I have a top 25 before losing interest in names:

1. Celebrini
------------
2. Demidov
------------
3. Levshunov
4. Catton
5. Buium
6. Dickinson
------------
7. Helenius
8. Iginla
9. Yakemchuk
10. Hage
11. Silayev
12. MBN
13. Lindstrom
14. Sennecke
-------------
15. Eiserman
-------------
16. Chernyshov
17. Parekh
18. Greentree
19. Artamonov
--------------
20. Jiricek
21. Hemming
--------------
22. Parascak
23. Boisvert
24. Gridin
25. Connelly

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I think I posted it a while back, but I have a top 25 before losing interest in names:

1. Celebrini
------------
2. Demidov
------------
3. Levshunov
4. Catton
5. Buium
6. Dickinson
------------
7. Helenius
8. Iginla
9. Yakemchuk
10. Hage
11. Silayev
12. MBN
13. Lindstrom
14. Sennecke
-------------
15. Eiserman
-------------
16. Chernyshov
17. Parekh
18. Greentree
19. Artamonov
--------------
20. Jiricek
21. Hemming
--------------
22. Parascak
23. Boisvert
24. Gridin
25. Connelly
I think this is pretty funny, since there is an actual town in Minnesota, Chisago County named Lindström .
I'd say go for it, Billy G.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think this is pretty funny, since there is an actual town in Minnesota, Chisago County named Lindström .
I'd say go for it, Billy G.
My grandpa and grandma lived there for a decade or two. and now one of my best friends does. Haven't seen him in a long time, Lindstrom's like 35 minutes away. He might as well be on the moon.

That said, both Lindstrom's have their problems for me, but I like them a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
My grandpa and grandma lived there for a decade or two. and now one of my best friends does. Haven't seen him in a long time, Lindstrom's like 35 minutes away. He might as well be on the moon.

That said, both Lindstrom's have their problems for me, but I like them a lot.
You know I like you a lot. 6 June is the national day in Sweden, and I looked up Lindström just now. Lindström's motto is America's Little Sweden.

I think you should go and visit you friend tomorrow, from personal experience I know life's too short to not show your friends that you love them. I lost 4 of my close friends in a very short span of time a couple of years ago, to heart diseases, car accidents and cancer. I've had a hard time to forgive myself for not reaching out to some of them while I had the chance. It still hurts big time.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
You know I like you a lot. 6 June is the national day in Sweden, and I looked up Lindström just now. Lindström's motto is America's Little Sweden.

I think you should go and visit you friend tomorrow, from personal experience I know life's too short to not show your friends that you love them. I lost 4 of my close friends in a very short span of time a couple of years ago, to heart diseases, car accidents and cancer. I've had a hard time to forgive myself for not reaching out to some of them while I had the chance. It still hurts big time.
Damn, I'm sorry for your loss. My birthday is right around the corner, and I think I'll probably see him there. If not, I'll make sure to do just as you say.

Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad