2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Totally, it's just the dynamics of this year (clear 1OA, big fat tier from 2-14ish, and then a drop off and another flat tier from say 15 or 18 thru to the 40's) ... so if you like that fat lower tier, maybe you want two bites at the apple, but I like the certainty of the talent level at 6-10 personally. Which means if I'm that team I might say no to SJS trying to trade into my spot.
Really depends on what the team needs, I think. If you’re a team that needs D, you definitely want to stay in the top-10. If you’re interested in wingers, there’ll be some good ones available at 14 and 33 or 42.

Reactions: coooldude

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I guess it depends who’s still left at #9 on if it’s worth burning one of the second round picks along with #14
I mean if Silayev drops to 9, I'd be willing to give up 33 to ensure we get him instead of hoping he falls to 14. We still have the Devils pick which would still be in the early 40s.

According to the pick value charts I’ve seen (after a quick google search) 14+33 is about equal to 6-7. If Buium or Lindstrom were there, I’d do it. But I don’t know if I trust the pick value charts, because they also say 14+42 is 7-8, which I’d obviously do as well.
I doubt whomever is 6 would trade out, but a team at 8-10 may.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mean if Silayev drops to 9, I'd be willing to give up 33 to ensure we get him instead of hoping he falls to 14. We still have the Devils pick which would still be in the early 40s.
Did you read Bob's list? Silayev is not dropping to 9.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
According to the pick value charts I’ve seen (after a quick google search) 14+33 is about equal to 6-7. If Buium or Lindstrom were there, I’d do it. But I don’t know if I trust the pick value charts, because they also say 14+42 is 7-8, which I’d obviously do as well.
Buium won't be there at 6. Sharks will draft him at #3

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I know nothing but it feels like Yakemchuk would be the one to move up for of that group?
Dickinson for the certainty+upside, or Yakemchuk if a top 5 team (ANA) didn't jump for him. I am not a Parekh lover, some team might do it though.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Feels like people on this board are underwhelmed by Dickinson plus he’s a left shot. Yakemchuk and Parekh shoot right. Although Parekh has some notes in the scouting report that mention a lack of compete which is very un-GMMG

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Feels like people on this board are underwhelmed by Dickinson plus he’s a left shot. Yakemchuk and Parekh shoot right. Although Parekh has some notes in the scouting report that mention a lack of compete which is very un-GMMG
LD are still needed. Dickinson probably won't go top 4 but he's a very solid prospect with upside, and could easily go 4-6, albeit seems a bit more of a vanilla top 4 D rather than someone who could game break. I would be surprised if Parekh went above Dickinson, but it could happen.

Dickinson is a completely different profile than Yakemchuk (Burns Lite) or Parekh (EK Lite). People on these boards are underwhelmed with Dickinson because he's not a sexy profile like Parekh, but scouts seem to value him and if you read his prospect page there are folks there who think he has a shot at being the best D from this draft. Same could probably be said of everyone except Parekh, who I think truly is an EK hail mary prospect (without the smooth skating) and not an "all rounder all situations" type D.

Reactions: pappaf2

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
In the Book of Hockey, Chapter 20, Verses 25-27:

"And lo, in the year 2024 ,a draft shall commence
The teams shall gather, seeking talent immense.
The San Jose Sharks, in their pursuit, shall find favor
For the third pick shall be theirs to savor.
In the halls of the draft, amidst the hopeful gleam,
Zeev Buium shall emerge like a radiant beam.
A defenseman of skill, with grace and might,
Chosen by the Sharks, in the draft's pure light.
So let it be written, so let it be done,
The Sharks shall rise, their victory won
In the name of hockey, let the draft unfold,
As the tale of Zeev Buium and the Sharks is told.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Silayev could be the next Chara but yea I am scared of him - just the puck skills aren't that impressive. But maybe as he fills out those improve? Idk seems like a head speed thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier