2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Themes for my targets this year are late birthdays to space out this class from our current glut, size/jam, ceiling, and a mid-round G.

11: F Tij Iginla, C Konsta Helenius, C Berkley Catton, F Michael Brandsegg-Nygård, LW Igor Chernyshov

43: C Yegor Surin, C John Mustard, LD Gabriel Eliasson, C Teddy Stiga, LW Marek Vanacker, RW Matvei Gridin

75: C Maximillian Curran, RD Spencer Gill, G Ryerson Leenders, G Kim Saarinen, C Ollie Josephson, RD Adam Kleber

107/108: G Ilya Nabokov, RD Colton Roberts, LD Lukas Fischer, C Logan Sawyer, LW Ilya Protas, RW Karl Sterner

Curious if anyone has thoughts on any of these guys or their availability at those spots.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Themes for my targets this year are late birthdays to space out this class from our current glut, size/jam, ceiling, and a mid-round G.

11: F Tij Iginla, C Konsta Helenius, C Berkley Catton, F Michael Brandsegg-Nygård, LW Igor Chernyshov

43: C Yegor Surin, C John Mustard, LD Gabriel Eliasson, C Teddy Stiga, LW Marek Vanacker, RW Matvei Gridin

75: C Maximillian Curran, RD Spencer Gill, G Ryerson Leenders, G Kim Saarinen, C Ollie Josephson, RD Adam Kleber

107/108: G Ilya Nabokov, RD Colton Roberts, LD Lukas Fischer, C Logan Sawyer, LW Ilya Protas, RW Karl Sterner

Curious if anyone has thoughts on any of these guys or their availability at those spots.

Solid clusters. When I’m off the road I may have further thoughts but there are plenty of quality names there.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

First group Iginla probably going earlier. I'd add Yakemchuk and Sennecke

2nd group Surin will be long gone, same with Stiga. I'd add Bouilard, Beaudoin and Miettenen as forwards. Elick or Emery might slide to this range

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So the Isles trade back 2 spots in the 1st.....4 spots in the 2nd.......

And get a late 2nd round pick for the trouble?

Maybe I'm nuts, but that seems like Chicago paying a hefty price.

Isles need to get to retooling, kinda tidy to get an extra 2nd for that. Not sure what Davidson is playing at in Chicago, though maybe he is trying to move up into the upper teens instead? That would make this the first of a two-part deal where he shuffles something else to get someone very specific?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Isles need to get to retooling, kinda tidy to get an extra 2nd for that. Not sure what Davidson is playing at in Chicago, though maybe he is trying to move up into the upper teens instead? That would make this the first of a two-part deal where he shuffles something else to get someone very specific?

Yeah, my immediate thought is that Chicago is aiming even higher. And boy howdy do they have the good ammo to do so.

2 1sts and 2 2nds (still) and 2 3rds in this draft.
2 1sts next year.
3 2nds in 2026

Wonder who they're targeting.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, my immediate thought is that Chicago is aiming even higher. And boy howdy do they have the good ammo to do so.

2 1sts and 2 2nds (still) and 2 3rds in this draft.
2 1sts next year.
3 2nds in 2026

Wonder who they're targeting.

The timing is making me suspect the Isles wanted an extra 2nd to go shopping for something else, and that was the bigger motivator. Otherwise, why wouldn’t you wait until draft day and make this trade knowing what player it’s getting you?

Reactions: rams

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
The timing is making me suspect the Isles wanted an extra 2nd to go shopping for something else, and that was the bigger motivator. Otherwise, why wouldn’t you wait until draft day and make this trade knowing what player it’s getting you?
They wait till draft day and Utah prolly uses some of their million 2nds to move up

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Now I have to go back and watch full 1st round mock drafts to see who is available at 18 that will NOT ever be there at 20 :DD

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Maybe a move to #11

Reactions: Jacob582

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Chicago also has a bunch of extra picks, and the Isles don’t. Both teams get what they want.
Teams are always trying to do that and then after the draft the comment is always “yeah, we tried to use our seconds to move back into the first but no one wanted to deal”.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is there any place to watch the u18 tourney full game replays?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad