2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If we take the podium with this pick I'll be disappointed.

If we then break camp with all of Rosen, Kulich, Savoie in that order I will be on the verge of a breakdown.

Someone please tell me who the potential Tom Wilson type here is that isn't a huge reach if option one plays out?

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

If we then break camp with all of Rosen, Kulich, Savoie in that order I will be on the verge of a breakdown.

Someone please tell me who the potential Tom Wilson type here is that isn't a huge reach if option one plays out?
Surin, he takes names and seeks retribution but should go in 20 to 25 range. Yakemchuk is plain mean and is a RHD slated for 7 to 15

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

A reactive first round draft pick to get a Tom Wilson type player is how we get Zach Kassian over a guy like Kreider or Johansson.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
A reactive first round draft pick to get a Tom Wilson type player is how we get Zach Kassian over a guy like Kreider or Johansson.
It's a choice between Wilson (ranked 18 by BM) and Teravainen (ranked 7 by BM).

I wanted Teuvo Teravainen for the record. But how their careers are playing out either one would have been good. But you should select what you don't have in your prospect pipe line.

I always thought BPA (especially 1st round), but as the Sharks Dir. of Amateur Scouting stated:

"But you have to pay attention not to keep getting what you already have.
If you continue to draft the same type of player every year, you are kind of dismissing that asset."

So if you have too many Teuvo's, draft Tom Wilson.

And if you draft incorrectly you pick Grigorenko over Hertl, Wilson and Teravainen. Not to mention the goalie.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Again, that extremely undervalues Joki.
Such is the cost of making moves in reaction instead of being proactive. Adams should have made a decision on Joker and upgraded on him a year ago. Instead they sat on their hands…and now he’s got arb rights and will make more than they will want to pay him. There’s a ticking clock on it now with a financial stake about to come due. What’s hurting the value is the same thing hurting the franchise. A GM that doesn’t make decisions until he has no choice.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Such is the cost of making moves in reaction instead of being proactive. Adams should have made a decision on Joker and upgraded on him a year ago. Instead they sat on their hands…and now he’s got arb rights and will make more than they will want to pay him. There’s a ticking clock on it now with a financial stake about to come due. What’s hurting the value is the same thing hurting the franchise. A GM that doesn’t make decisions until he has no choice.

Dude, this is a Wendy's...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4