GDT: 2024 NHL Draft GDT | [EDM/PHI] FLA 1st '24 (32nd Overall) <---> cond. Edm 1st ('25 unless Top-12, then slides to '26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
“Chris Ford of Smaht Scouting reports that O'Reilly is a good middle-six centre who is a great defensive centre, a common sentiment among scouts. Despite his age, he was relied upon to take faceoffs and penalty kills for the Knights, an impressive role for such a young player.”

Did a quick search since I didn’t check scouting report on him.
Defensive center? Giving up a future 1st (trade asset) for that seems.....unwise.
Can we bring back Holland haha or maybe not haha

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A pick in 25 or 26? So how does that work when we trade a first at the TDL? We have to ask for permission or what?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A pick in 25 or 26? So how does that work when we trade a first at the TDL? We have to ask for permission or what?
If we trade our 2025 pick it’s our 2026 and that’s it.

"Our staff had him ranked higher than where he went" - JJ

Okay. This is Pracey's moment. Off the board pick and we expended a future 1st to make it. They must really like this kid.

I know nothing about him. Educate me HF Oil. @McDNicks17
Praceys first real moment and it ain’t great.
Maybe this kid will explode this year, and for Praceys sake, I hope he does.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Could also look at it 1 year of development in a late bloomer is more valuable than the raw first round pick in a trade deadline deal too

Edit like Schaefer
I expect they’re hoping he explodes like his teammate Easton Cowan did this year. He’d have significantly more value than a 1st rounder a year out if the Leafs would’ve moved him at the deadline.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I been clamouring for a more creative GM but this isn’t what I had in mind.

I guess Pracey has put some skin in the game.

We will see how this turns out.

Wish the kid the best. Hope it works out for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I was able to watch some london games and always felt he was in the same role as Robert thomas. A draft eligible player on a stacked team that still finds a way to contribute. I think when he gets his time to shine he will show his worth and I believe he will end up better than his draft position.

Having said that, I'm not a scout and I don't pretend to be able to predict anyone's future success, but it's just what I felt watching him. I really liked his game.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I love seeing Demidov going to the Habs and not to the Ducks especially. Their fanbase was very good to us during the Cup run so it was cool to see them land arguably the 2nd best player in the draft.

Habs are the only other NHL team I can legitimately cheer for, and I think the respect goes both ways. They are awesome fans and and Montreal is the true eastern Mecca of hockey (suck it Toronto). Lots of talent in their org right now.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You know the player? Do tell.
Don’t know him a ton but most scouts had him outside the first, 9th on his team in points, below a PPG. Doesn’t seem like much of an offensive player mostly a defensive guy. If it was a pick we had or traded up from our second not terrible. But using one of our few assets that could up build our team to trade for the pick to pick him is.. odd.

Maybe they are going to outsmart everyone but it doesn’t seem like the best use of the pick. Pracey was shaky enough for me in his history to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad