GDT: 2024 NHL Draft GDT | [EDM/PHI] FLA 1st '24 (32nd Overall) <---> cond. Edm 1st ('25 unless Top-12, then slides to '26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know him a ton but most scouts had him outside the first, 9th on his team in points, below a PPG. Doesn’t seem like much of an offensive player mostly a defensive guy. If it was a pick we had or traded up from our second not terrible. But using one of our few assets that could up build our team to trade for the pick to pick him is.. odd.

Maybe they are going to outsmart everyone but it doesn’t seem like the best use of the pick. Pracey was shaky enough for me in his history to begin with.
Interesting k. Ultimately, we traded probably our 26 first for a 24 first. I know nothing about the 26 draft class, but earlier the better in general for draft picks.

I appreciate JJ giving Pracey a shot at making his mark early. And JJ has been making good calls. Hope this works out. Now to time learn more about this kid, who does sound pretty underwhelming on the surface.

Reactions: McDoused

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Interesting k. Ultimately, we traded probably our 26 first for a 24 first. I know nothing about the 26 draft class, but earlier the better in general for draft picks.

I appreciate JJ giving Pracey a shot at making his mark early. And JJ has been making good calls. Hope this works out. Now to time learn more about this kid, who does sound pretty underwhelming on the surface.
It could definitely turn out. If we had a better head scout I’d feel more confident but outside of a single draft, Pracey has been awful.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It could definitely turn out. If we had a better head scout I’d feel more confident but outside of a single draft, Pracey has been awful.
They always have interesting ideas that never pan out, because scouts or development sucks. I remember one year Lowe and McTarded converted something like a 3rd round pick in 4 or 5 later round picks. Not sure what happened to all those players. I guess they have been out of the organization for years.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Scouts are all over the place.

I guess the hope is he has an Eason Cowan like draft+1 when he gets more ice time and opportunity.

No issue with the pick in the bubble but the trade to do so seems pretty dumb. Not great for JJs first move without Holland.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just watched an 18 minute youtube clip of his. Seems hard working, skilled, goes to the dirty areas and he has good vision. Seems like a solid pick because there's lots to work with. When I first started watching he reminded me of Hyman, then as it continued I started getting ROR types of vibes. Not the flashiest or fastest but just a damn good hockey player.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Just watched an 18 minute youtube clip of his. Seems hard working, skilled, goes to the dirty areas and he has good vision. Seems like a solid pick because there's lots to work with. When I first started watching he reminded me of Hyman, then as it continued I started getting ROR types of vibes. Not the flashiest or fastest but just a damn good hockey player.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Interestingly enough ROR's box scores in his draft year in Erie were actually quite similar to those of SOR.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016

Fine by me.

I find it funny that people are bitching that we lost another first round pick in 25 or 26 to get a first round pick this year. What's the f***ing difference, we drafted someone in the first round.

Trade chip for the deadline next year for a rental? Can't do that forever and I think what the Oilers did was much more beneficial as our prospect pool was getting thin.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
The only issue is he has missed like the entire year. It’s insanely hard for prospects to miss arguably one of their biggest development years.

Agreed, really hard, and it's basically been two seasons

But in the middle of it, at camp, he showed he was physically mature, and able to skate and think quick enough to play pro, so in a perfect world he goes directly to the AHL to develop anyways.

Lots of drafted prospects are worse off by going back to junior imo, Nurse is the poster boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad