GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Doubtful. I said it in the previous thread, but I will reiterate it here. Grant McCagg says a lot of stuff(Lots of Michkov Slander since the 23 draft), but despite that there is 1 thing Grant is typically extremely accurate with...and that is the Habs. In a class with no concensus Grant mocked them taking Slaf. Last year despite fans begging for Michkov Grant mocked them to take Rein(insert the correct spelling here)er. I'm pretty sure he used to be employed by them and probably still knows a bunch of guys working for them. If Grant McCagg is saying the habs will take Demidov if available, It is safe to assume that Montreal will do so

I agree with this on McCagg and Montreal.

But what if I told you McCagg thinks the Flyers are going up for Lindstrom or maybe Sennecke? :laugh:

Will the flyers actually select the 36th this year? Legit question. I’ve been so out of the loop

Assume no. Won’t get official confirmation until as late as the end of the 1st round.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Lindstrom. Lindstrom. Lindstrom.

dumb-and-dumber-dumb-and-dumber-gif.gif

Ironically. O’Connor this morning mentioned him, and Catton - “my guess is they are trying to come away with that guy” (a #1 C)

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
I’m not moving up to 4 to draft a winger. It’s either to get a no doubt about it 1C or 1D. Demidov might be an absolute stud, but I’m not seeing him as this can’t miss superstar.

There are not many can't miss superstar going into the draft, actually in most draft there is none.

That said, @Draftin_Europe we consider him to be the best prospect to come out of Europe in the last 5+ years (we talk about that at the beginning of both the free pre-draft publication and the podcast, for those interested in hearing why), so I don't think it would be smart to discard that option just because of his position.

Btw, given his skillset, you can't even rule out the possibility that he ends up playing center at some point in his career.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Farabee is getting traded because the coach doesn't like him. It has nothing to do with his play or his contract.
What if Farabee has asked for a trade?

If it happens you need to gloat.
I'm not a gloater type. I watched the final game of the 2010 series with them and the most exuberant I got was a fist-bump with another Flyers fan.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I agree with this on McCagg and Montreal.

But what if I told you McCagg thinks the Flyers are going up for Lindstrom or maybe Sennecke? :laugh:

Assume no. Won’t get official confirmation until as late as the end of the 1st round.
Okay - thanks. I asked because the post below:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Id rather healthy scratch him all year , and for f*** sakes trade Laughton !!!

Having that much space rotting away in the press box is f***ing stupid. Under 2.4M against the cap this year and under 1.8M against the cap next year. Way more manageable than one year at 5.8M. Plus, they need the room to also sign Michkov.

Seriously though, there was no room to have Atkinson on the team, he wasn't doing well and his cap hit sucks ass.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Wonder how open the Red Wings would be for dealing either Danielson or Kasper + for TK? Or Minn and Rossi +?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad