GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
2024-NHL-Draft.jpg

First Round Draft Order As Of 9:30AM:

1. San Jose Sharks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
3. Anaheim Ducks
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. Utah Hockey Club
7. Ottawa Senators
8. Seattle Kraken
9. Calgary Flames
10. New Jersey Devils
11. San Jose Sharks*
12. Philadelphia Flyers
13. Minnesota Wild
14. Buffalo Sabres*
15. Detroit Red Wings
16. St. Louis Blues
17. Washington Capitals
18. Chicago Blackhawks*
19. Vegas Golden Knights
20. New York Islanders*
21. Los Angeles Kings
22. Nashville Predators
23. Toronto Maple Leafs
24. Colorado Avalanche
25. Boston Bruins
26. Montreal Canadiens*
27. Carolina Hurricanes
28. Calgary Flames*
29. Dallas Stars
30. New York Rangers
31. Anaheim Ducks*
32. Philadelphia Flyers*

Let's Get It.​

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If I’m Columbus I think Farabee has to be the NHL player in that potential deal. I don’t really see why you’d be interested in Laughton. Obviously I don’t think Laughton is any good at this point so he doesn’t really accomplish much in reality. But even through the hockey guy lense given where Columbus’ team is at I’d venture a guess you’d more so want a youngish aged player under contract control opposed to an aging one.

I am a little taken aback by just how many people around here would prefer to include Farabee than the Colorado 1st. I admit I did not see that one coming.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Even though I’m going to hate the value they give up trading up, I’m going to pathetically talk myself into being fine with it because at least they’d have an elite prospect, instead of acquiring 3 morons with the other later picks.
You pretty much have to. No one is giving away high picks for nothing. If we want those picks we need to draft there or overpay for them. Ideally we would have played the entire season like we did down the stretch, but we're here now.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Even though I’m going to hate the value they give up trading up, I’m going to pathetically talk myself into being fine with it because at least they’d have an elite prospect, instead of acquiring 3 morons with the other later picks.

M. Boat,

Please make sure it actually is for Demidov before committing yourself to the bit.

— Worried in the Western Hemisphere, who talked himself into Nolan Patrick after they won the lottery because he’s an idiot.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am a little taken aback by just how many people around here would prefer to include Farabee than the Colorado 1st. I admit I did not see that one coming.
It's the ol' "Mystery Box" line of thinking that comes with this board, which at it's base, is still a prospects message board. We've seen it for years.

How much is based in that and how much is based in getting a shiny new toy is lost a bit in the fog of war, IMO.

I'll trade the Colorado 1st before I trade Farabee 10/10 if given the option. If you're going to move Farabee do it in some other deal.

P.S. It could also be a tinge of we know Torts wants Farabee gone so might as well do it now to nail this down.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My dream list:

Laughton gone for a pick, hopefully a first
Acquire another first, make the trade with CBJ
Draft Demidov
Risto traded without retention.

Reactions: BernieParent

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I know a guy.
Maybe the thread for Day 2. I'm assuming there will be 1k posts on this bad boy but maybe enough of the homies are tuned out and aren't really invested anymore.

Yeah, fair point.

If it’s not him I basically just give up the Flyers and start following a soccer team, no?
Don't turn this into another Soccer thread. Man they go hard on each others leagues.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am hoping when I get up at 2am, someone will have posted a (rhythms with cream) .... nug nug wink wink 😉

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If Friedman is right and #12, #32 and Avs pick was "too much" for Briere...

well Briere is driving a hard bargain.

As that is a very fair trade vs league value and likely player outcome. Flyers take on more "risk" but higher chance of a star.

I thought he says those picks, PLUS a player was too much?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00