Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
From the people that brought you Tommy Doyle, Jack Anderson, Luke Tenuta, and Nick Broeker.

Maybe one of these times the last round athletic freak developmental OL will hit and make all these dart throws worth it.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

267. Tylan Grable, OT, UCF (6-5, 306)​

Grable has only been playing offensive line for four years and is understandably undeveloped in a few areas, but the improvements he’s shown in a short time and his athletic upside are promising. He is a developmental prospect (some teams like him best at center) who has yet to play his best football.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I admit to not really knowing shit about forecasting offensive linemen, but I feel like if this pretty picture and projection had credibility the kid wouldn’t have gone in the 6th round.

As @Husko just commented, the Bills have routinely targeted these large athletic freaks on the O-Line in the late rounds in the hopes that they can coach them up.

hasn't worked yet, although Tenuta was plucked away before we could work with him and Doyle did look promising before injuries killed any chance he had at a career

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I admit to not really knowing shit about forecasting offensive linemen, but I feel like if this pretty picture and projection had credibility the kid wouldn’t have gone in the 6th round.
He’s raw with freakish agility and below average size. 6th round is exactly right.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
From the people that brought you Tommy Doyle, Jack Anderson, Luke Tenuta, and Nick Broeker.

Maybe one of these times the last round athletic freak developmental OL will hit and make all these dart throws worth it.
Or at least stay on the team past camp (sans Doyle)

Reactions: Husko

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Just got home. Some thoughts overall:

1.) What the actual f*** is the deal with Brenden Rice? I thought he could have gone in the 3rd. Why is he still there?

2.) Still love Bishop, Van Pran and now Solomon.

3.) Don't get the Davis pick, especially with Allen and Estime still on the board.

4.) That LB seems like a nice special teamer with upside.

5.) That OT we just took? Seems like a PS stash while he develops.

6.) Love Beane trading out of a 5th to get a 4th next year.

Looks like we got 2 picks left. Wouldn't mind Pratt as a developmental backup. Would still love to snag Rice. A developmental CB would be nice -- Devonshire and King still on the board. Plenty of talent left.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Is 6’5” and 305 really considered “large” for today’s NFL on the O-Line? I’m down with the C prospect we took, he’s enormous but 6’5” doesn’t really stand out for a TE these days let alone an offensive lineman.

I’d like to make an additional side comment that I have absolutely no idea what I’m really talking about. Scouting hockey is much more of a passion for me than football, I stopped knowing who most of these kids are four rounds ago.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

1.) What the actual f*** is the deal with Brenden Rice? I thought he could have gone in the 3rd. Why is he still there?

3.) Don't get the Davis pick, especially with Allen and Estime still on the board.

Looks like we got 2 picks left. Wouldn't mind Pratt as a developmental backup. Would still love to snag Rice. A developmental CB would be nice -- Devonshire and King still on the board. Plenty of talent left.
Maybe - just maybe - he's just a guy and a poor prospect and the media / twitter nerds only latched onto him because of who is father is.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

As for your Bills related pick takes:

-On the Davis pick, I never split hairs between he and the other power guys, similar prospects. My guess is they took Davis because of what he offers in the passing game, specifically as a pass blocker (Lat role)
-Sure, a nice PS squad guy. But how often do the good ones actually stick it out there and not just get poached?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
As for your Bills related pick takes:

-On the Davis pick, I never split hairs between he and the other power guys, similar prospects. My guess is they took Davis because of what he offers in the passing game, specifically as a pass blocker (Lat role)
-Sure, a nice PS squad guy. But how often do the good ones actually stick it out there and not just get poached?
isn't a concern with Davis actually his pass protection, while being a good receiver? Might have to earn that trust with McD.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

The Davis pick is imo a safety net in case Cook ever gets hurt. Very similar runner to Cook. Cook obviously ran a better 40 but Davis acceleration is very fast and he's built better for contact. He was one of my favourite RBs in the few I watched play a few games but I didn't think we would take him because I was thinking we'd go more for someone like Allen who is more of a goal line back. Those types of backs are easy to sign anytime throughout the season though if that's all we need.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Bills take their day 3 corner. Without knowing anything about him, let's play a guessing game:
  • Lacks ideal size
  • Lacks ideal athleticism
  • Productive in college and very high IQ
  • Zone only player
  • Old
  • Will end up a quality starter for us when Douglas leaves and get paid as a FA netting us a 5th round comp pick in 4 years

Eat a dick, Beane
That seems harsh?

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Bills take their day 3 corner. Without knowing anything about him, let's play a guessing game:
  • Lacks ideal size
  • Zone only player
  • Old
  • Will end up a quality starter for us when Douglas leaves and get paid as a FA netting us a 5th round comp pick in 4 years

That seems harsh?

261. Daequan Hardy, CB, Penn State (5-9, 179)​

Hardy has the linear burst and toughness required for slot work, but his lack of size and strength will be tough to mask in coverage and run support versus NFL athletes. His value as a return man can help him stay on an NFL roster while he competes for defensive snaps.

Strengths: Very athletic!

Ok I was super wrong. Very different from their typical day 3 guy! I like that he's a returner too.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
  • Lacks ideal size
  • Zone only player
  • Old
4.38 40 time and returned 2 punts for TDs this year

More of a developmental slot that can take return duties

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Last pick is a clearly developmental tackle from England. 6'7", 301. Ran the 40 in 4.81 sec.

In Brugler's "Best of the Rest".....so not even draftable OR a UDFA per him.

Meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad