OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As it should be. Asking the taxpayers to cover 2/3+ of a multi-billion dollar stadium, when you're a multi-billionaire.... is just something... They can f*** off. Find yourself a partner or two.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
With the news that Hendrickson is requesting a trade out of Cincinatti - the thought of him lining up across from Sweat has me dreaming big dreams. It's probably highly unlikely that even if Cincinatti moves him he would end up on the Bears - mainly because the Bears don't have cap space without doing some salary restructuring type stuff which I doubt Poles would do because he's all about staying flexible with the cap.

Would that be fun though. The Bears defense was pretty good after acquiring Sweat and they have pretty much the same lineup with the exception of Baird replacing Jackson and Jones at DT is gone. Their secondary is very good, linebackers are good and with Hendrickson added to the D-line - they could and probably should be a top-5 defense.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
With the news that Hendrickson is requesting a trade out of Cincinatti - the thought of him lining up across from Sweat has me dreaming big dreams. It's probably highly unlikely that even if Cincinatti moves him he would end up on the Bears - mainly because the Bears don't have cap space without doing some salary restructuring type stuff which I doubt Poles would do because he's all about staying flexible with the cap.

Would that be fun though. The Bears defense was pretty good after acquiring Sweat and they have pretty much the same lineup with the exception of Baird replacing Jackson and Jones at DT is gone. Their secondary is very good, linebackers are good and with Hendrickson added to the D-line - they could and probably should be a top-5 defense.
I tend to think that Poles will pick up another veteran DL on the cheap close to training camp, but I doubt they go out and trade for a player, unless the team looks like it could contend around the trade deadline.

The upcoming draft is, as of right now, probably the strongest draft for DL since 2019.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I tend to think that Poles will pick up another veteran DL on the cheap close to training camp, but I doubt they go out and trade for a player, unless the team looks like it could contend around the trade deadline.

The upcoming draft is, as of right now, probably the strongest draft for DL since 2019.
And if needed, we have the ammo to trade up to get a blue-chip guy due to our 2 2nd round picks. No reason to jump early when this year isn't a true contending year anyways and is more about Caleb than the D.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.gif

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

Agree. I can’t see Poles giving up another 2nd for an almost 30 year old pass rusher who needs a new deal. I think they are better off keeping the pick and getting one on a rookie deal.

They have a good chance of filling both 3T and DE with the 1st and the Carolina 2nd if they so choose

Reactions: Romang67

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

Pretty cool article, not much totally new info but an interesting recap of all the homework the Bears did on Caleb leading up to the draft. Definitely reads like a fluff piece but after all the rumors and mischaracterizations out there I guess the guy deserves this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad