Prospect Info: 2024 Memorial Cup (Saginaw Wins - Beck Named MVP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really wonder if he'll move up in front of Levshunov. What if....

Celebrini
Demidov
Dickinson
Lindstrom
and us...Levshunov/Iginla/Sennecke....

Deux de Coeurs

May 6, 2024
Why is London the only CHL team able to buy a year-to-year powerhouse? Even Quebec with Roy had to have some down years... What's the catch here?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why is London the only CHL team able to buy a year-to-year powerhouse? Even Quebec with Roy had to have some down years... What's the catch here?

They're very aggressive about attaining players. Dickinson was drafted into OHL by Niagara Ice Dogs (4th OA pick). London gave up a shit load of picks to get him.

London drafted Matthew Tkachuk in 4th round because he was in the US NTDP program and was expected to go NCAA, so he fell. London convinced him to join them, and he de-listed from Notre Dame.

Same thing happened with Patrick Kane. 5th round. He played with US NTDP then joined London.

They go hard after players that they identify they want in their organization.

Reactions: Deux de Coeurs

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They're very aggressive about attaining players. Dickinson was drafted into OHL by Niagara Ice Dogs (4th OA pick). London gave up a shit load of picks to get him.

London drafted Matthew Tkachuk in 4th round because he was in the US NTDP program and was expected to go NCAA, so he fell. London convinced him to join them, and he de-listed from Notre Dame.

Same thing happened with Patrick Kane. 5th round. He played with US NTDP then joined London.

No CHL team has produced more NHL players than London since 2000, it's just a very attractive program all around. Every kid who has a chance to go wants to go there. It's a success story that keeps feeding itself, in short.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006

Hunter wins, and develops guys.

Able to lure the big fish bc they can almost bank on playing for a title or titles.

I’d add: Nice city and growing like mad, metro pop over 600,000. Knights are city’s top sports team and the 9,000 seats are usually filled.

There are other nice centres, but that overall package is attractive.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

They also uh...possibly do it through questionable financial means

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Do you think Guhle and Reinbacher are top-paring d-men? If you answer yes, why use assets to get Dickinson when our forward prospect pool is dismal and needs help?
Well, if I follow ChesterNimitz' thought-experiment and put myself in the Sabres position (11OA) or the Flyers (12th)....I definitely don't trade that pick for Guhle, and I think long & hard about Reinbacher.

Dickinson is a full tier higher than anything we have on D.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Quebec, and Halifax for that matter, don't have the same access to the American players that London does- for most hockey players where Quebec and Halifax get to pick from their goal is Boston College or Boston University and the rest would rather play in Hockey East.

Halifax also has to draft top ten in the Euro draft to get a solid player and they can't even do anymore as their Euro picks have sucked lately because the CHL took away the ability to get the star players like Hischier, Ehlers, Meier all in the name of helping out the small market teams.

Reactions: Deux de Coeurs

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
They also uh...possibly do it through questionable financial means
They don't need to.

Ironically, this is one of the most 'home grown' Knights teams in recent memory with a lot of local kids drafted in middle rounds. The last significant American import was Luke Evangelista, iirc. They've actually lost a couple of high-pick Canadian kids to NCAA.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Well, I don’t think I’ll be annoyed with whoever the Habs draft.

But I’m sure I’ll celebrate if they can get two of the top 15.

Next year, they have a bunch of picks, and moving up should be doable.

Seems to me a couple of clever deals or signings will be required in the rebuild, regardless.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've always felt Dickinson would get his helium at some point in the year. He's always been what NHL teams look for.

I'm having a hard time seeing Levshunov and Dickinson getting by all the Hawks Ducks and Jackets. Silayev may get taken ahead of him but there's a real possibility if Hawks go Levshunov that Dickinson and Silayev go 3 and 4.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
If that's your point, fine. Trade No5. For immediate help. Waht's the point in drafting a forward that will also be great at 22 with everything else you said?
forwards usually need less time for development, but if someone like b. tkachuk is available, i'd certainly think about it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I've always felt Dickinson would get his helium at some point in the year. He's always been what NHL teams look for.

I'm having a hard time seeing Levshunov and Dickinson getting by all the Hawks Ducks and Jackets. Silayev may get taken ahead of him but there's a real possibility if Hawks go Levshunov that Dickinson and Silayev go 3 and 4.
He's been super constant on the rankings, while others moved around him. Sometimes it looked like he was forgotten in there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad