2024 Memorial Cup

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Updated-2024MC-ScheduleEN.png

We get 5 straight days of Savoie and/or Komarov to start things out.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Moose Jaw finally showing up, now 4-2. Beauty feed from Savoie on GF1 - he's up with Yager and Firkus with them so far down.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Saginaw was just saved by the bell in the second period. Still ahead on points.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is that ex Sabre alumni Josh Bloom?

The one and only. He spent about half the year as an OA with Saginaw after an unproductive run with both Abbotsford (AHL) and Kalamazoo (ECHL) to start the year.

Firkus dangles himself into a turnover, then a bad pass, then another turnover. Not a good shift there.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Savoie feeds Firkus in the slot, 5-4.

Edit - recalled because Savoie is offside on the rush.
Am I behind? I just switched to the NHL Network and they are just going into the 3rd period. I was watching the Rangers/Panthers series.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saginaw holds on to win 5-4. Savoie in the last half of the game played well, had the goal, a primary, important forecheck to create another goal but also had the offside on the play he also created with his pass disallowing a goal. Also had the biggest hit for the Warriors by planting Parekh and putting him on the bench for a time.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Saginaw has been out of the playoffs since the third round of the OHL playoffs. So if they make it to the finals, it’s because they’re generally healthier and had more rest.

It would probably be better if the CHL teams were “both finalists of the league the city was in”, WHL champion, and QMJHL champion (this changes with each Memorial Cup setting).

At least then you avoid a situation where the Windsor Spitfires win the Cup despite being eliminated in the 1st round thing

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I thought Saginaw bullied Moose Jaw in the first 2 periods which was all I could watch. Moose Jaw wanted nothing to do with the tough areas and lost all the board battles. I wish I taped the third to see how it got turned around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad