Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam
Stillman, Chase

Traff, Herman
Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
_
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Here I have to go with Malek. I considered Filmon and Poulter also but my mental tiebreakers say Malek.

Add Traff.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What the hell happened to Filmon?
To be fair he was only ranked 10th last season. He had a good but not great season and other guys showed more. He didn't get a WJC camp invite and he didn't wow everyone at the prospects camp. He's a long term work in progress and that's not going to run someone up to the top of the prospect rankings until they are a bit closer to arriving.

Reactions: JK3

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
To be fair he was only ranked 10th last season. He had a good but not great season and other guys showed more. He didn't get a WJC camp invite and he didn't wow everyone at the prospects camp. He's a long term work in progress and that's not going to run someone up to the top of the prospect rankings until they are a bit closer to arriving.
IIRC, he looked a step ahead of everyone except Nemec at prospect camp, though I’m pretty sure he didn’t put up many points during the scrimmages.

But i dont think it’s a crime that he’s ranked low, the Devils still have a very deep prospect pool even though there’s not nearly as much high end talent with all the graduates. But i still think his ceiling is a lot higher than 3 or 4 players currently ranked. But he’s gonna have to show a big jump to give me any confidence he can reach it.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
IIRC, he looked a step ahead of everyone except Nemec at prospect camp, though I’m pretty sure he didn’t put up many points during the scrimmages.

But i dont think it’s a crime that he’s ranked low, the Devils still have a very deep prospect pool even though there’s not nearly as much high end talent with all the graduates. But i still think his ceiling is a lot higher than 3 or 4 players currently ranked. But he’s gonna have to show a big jump to give me any confidence he can reach it.
Where did you get it? His performance isnt great at all, his skating isnt great, he isnt good positionally, he isnt good defensively. He has nice stickhandling and he is big but still he isnt really physical. Of course he can learn it and gain more muscles but it is still wishful thinking.

WHL is offensive league and he performed really not great for offensive first player in his D+2 season. Devils prospect Beckman performed better but still isnt good enough to be NHLer in his 23. And he average AHLer. Because he is mostly shooting focused player.

With 67 points in 64 games Filmon is #290 WHL performer in the last ten years for U20 player.
There are not so many players with his level of production who become NHL player.

I would say for now we can pencil 3-4 players (at least) ABOVE Filmon with better NHL potential.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Poulter should be the guy people select if they're going for a goalie. I like Malek but Poulter is proving himself worthy.

Seeing as Poulter is on a one-year, two-way salary with the Devils it doesn't seem likely he is viewed as the long range solution to the Devils' goaltending picture. His 28-game run with the Comets last year was nice, but other than allowing the Devils to bring him up as a backup if either Markstrom or Allen is injured (basically to open the bench door) , it doesn't seem likely Poulter plays in the New Jersey net.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Seeing as Poulter is on a one-year, two-way salary with the Devils it doesn't seem likely he is viewed as the long range solution to the Devils' goaltending picture. His 28-game run with the Comets last year was nice, but other than allowing the Devils to bring him up as a backup if either Markstrom or Allen is injured (basically to open the bench door) , it doesn't seem likely Poulter plays in the New Jersey net.

Poulter's contract length was dictated by the age at which he signed. Schmid went from getting shelled as the Devils' 4th goalie to being their backup two years later.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Poulter's 1-yr contract is his test. If last season was a fluke, he won't get another. However, if he plays the same, or hopefully even improves, the contract will be re-signed for more seasons. If the latter occurs he will become NJ's diamond in the rough smoothing out.

He outplayed both Schmid and Daws in his Utica stretch, but those 2 had the floor so he got sent back to Adirondack, starred in the Thunder playoff drive putting Brodeur and Purpura behind him. Daws and Schmid didn't play well in several starts and the Comets, while undeserving, missed the playoffs by 5 points. 3 more wins and they would have been in. The way he was playing, Poulter just might have been the difference.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Poulter didn't sign a one year contract. He signed a two-year contract last season, which is because he is 23. He was immediately recalled to the NHL on that contract but did not get into a game.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Pecking order for Devils' goalie prospects remains Daws then either Brennan or Yegorov as the top three - based on where they were selected and their skill set. Comparing their current status to goalies two and three years older is comparing apples and oranges.

The yoyo-ing of Daws (and injuries) has likely slowed his development but the organization clearly sees potential or like Akira he would be elsewhere.

Having followed Malek since his junior days with the Czech junior team (the Malik and Malek Show), he deserves credit for earning an ELC but is likely still on the periphery in the Devils' system. The Finnish Liiga is a long way from being the league that guys like Brian Rafalsky and Tim Thomas played in and consists of haves and have nots. His team is one of the better teams. In his first year, he was the backup to veteran goalie Marek Langhamer. When Langhamer left for Sweden, Swedish veteran Jonas Gustafsson became the starter. Both goalies had better numbers than Malek. Neither are considered NHL calibre goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00