GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Marino, didn't step up for the Devils. He was too inconsistent especially when others were injured, he never stepped up.
I think he should play with bigger stopper. He is good defensively on the move. But Luke is the same type on D zone. So it was obvious Fitz should rethink the partner for Luke. It couldn't be Nemec now, it couldn't be Dougie ever.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Losing out on Marchessault would sting, but imo getting Dillon/Pesce to round out the D-core is more important.

Indeed, just go grab two middle 9 players and call it a day. They should be playoff in team next year and should be active at the deadline and wingers are usually widely available + they have 3 2nd's to trade for guys

I'm generally the alarmist here but I'm struggling to see why a tweek that said Nashville has emerged as contenders for Stammer and March that we 100% aren't getting either of them.

They have a ton of cap space to overpay both if they wanted. I don't want a bidding war for either

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
That's pretty high. Guy is a good bottom 6 player but that money and term is a bit too high.

That's what happens in UFA though: add 1 year and $1M to whatever was actually reasonable.
The cap is going up as well.

We need to see what we are going to pay Pesce and Dillon or we might be saying the same thing about that Trenin deal...

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
I'm generally the alarmist here but I'm struggling to see why a tweek that said Nashville has emerged as contenders for Stammer and March that we 100% aren't getting either of them.
The two who linked Marchessault to NJ, Grinnell from Chiclets and Dan Powers from some other podcast, both worded it like it was a done deal for Marchessault in Nashville. Stamkos on the other hand appears to be all smoke.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
We were ahead on March, at the goal line. Now Preds swooped in and are likely to get him is what the report said.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
just when you think NJD are becoming a top UFA destination its taken away still happy with dillion and pesce if true. march would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad