GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Fitz is beginning to seriously move me

ff1d53cd-90c2-4da5-aaca-9a60c0b01109_text.gif

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Sort of miss the intrigue and excitement of FA day when 12pm hit and you had ZERO idea where anyone was going. At least it's less stressful tbh. Losing Zach back then would have been easier if we had insider leaks.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I have no idea how the cap situation is going to work out, but that's Fitz's problem I guess.

"Don't worry about my cap" - Lou Lams 2009" -Tom Fitz 2024

In all seriousness, they should be fine. I don't think Mercer gets a ton after last year anyway and he's realistically the only big RFA they have

• Haha
Reactions: HBK27

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Sort of miss the intrigue and excitement of FA day when 12pm hit and you had ZERO idea where anyone was going. At least it's less stressful tbh. Losing Zach back then would have been easier if we had insider leaks.
To be fair, we still kinda have Zero idea with the way things keep changing. Would anyone be surprised if we heard Pesce signed with the Rangers after waiving Trouba.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Especially since it's kind of true lol, the more I see teams getting out of 'cap hell' the less I wind up believing OMGZ THIS CONTRACT IS CLOSING OUR WINDOW FOREVER!
say it louder for the people in the back.

cap hell is incredibly rare. cap hell when your core is locked up to spectacular deals is near impossible.

go get guys.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
I’m over worrying about the cap. Competitive teams find a way to make it work. You don’t get ahead by always thinking about the contracts in 3 years ( not to say they shouldn’t be thought about still). Teams like Vegas and Tampa and NY just do whatever they want and still end up where they want to be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Except he still took till the freaking 4th to do it, in part cause he was waiting for the Wild to sign his buddy Suter. That wouldn't have been alleviated by more social media, they kept their cards close to the vest and there was totally no tampering going on by Lou Nanne or anyone else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad