GDT: 2024 Flock party

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Anyone else going? If anything interesting gets said I’ll try to post a (hastily written, grammatically incorrect typo ridden) synopsis as usual.

IMG_3948.jpeg

New swag is also on sale. LOL at the authentic jersey prices when they don’t have them in the arena to either see or size fit.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I got tickets to go but woke up not feeling too well and didn't want to make the drive from Oceanside. I'll be honest, I don't really understand what the point of the function is? Just to meet the prospects and preview the new merch?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I got tickets to go but woke up not feeling too well and didn't want to make the drive from Oceanside. I'll be honest, I don't really understand what the point of the function is? Just to meet the prospects and preview the new merch?
They put them and Verbeek up on stage and give a “state of the franchise” talk. And try to sell you season tickets and merch.

Reactions: Static

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Pretty sure it's also live on Ducks Stream right?

Don't know if it will be available on demand later like how the draft wasn't, which is odd, no reason not to have it up IMO.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I’m here also. And if any of you have disposable income and think you can handle me for 41 games a year (I’m much more obnoxious in person), it looks like the two seats next to me have opened up
Me and my friends have 6 tickets in a row so I won't be moving, but if you ever want to grab a beer before the game I'll be here at least for most Friday and Sunday games (I live 100 miles away so Wednesdays are tough unless it's a good game).

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Teats

• This is Orange Country”
  • Rebrand took over 2 years
  • Actually listened to the desire for old logo
  • Samueli’s daughter did design
  • They feel the color orange is symbolic of where we were and who we play for. Representing the cities with orange references and the old orange groves of the distant past.
  • 6 different versions of the wild wing w’s in the stick. This won.
  • When Samueli’s purchased the Ducks were told people wanted more meanness and a break from the Disney Ducks. This is supposed to be more mean.
  • Gold is supposed to denote not “golden sandy beaches”.
  • lettering is supposed to be Orange County art deco reference
  • They want the fans to stop being so nice, the “Orange Country” thing is supposed to be something worth defending or something.
  • Multimillion $ upgrade for in arena entertainment for projection systems, hints at maybe blimps, drones? (Flying objects) Supposed to be much better.
  • Full WiFi system.
  • OC Vibe is…”progressing”. Walking in, they now have a foundation.
  • They hold weekly meetings to try to optimize parking. Hopefully they use this years meeting to do more than drink and play for cornhole, based on parking rules literally changing game to game and sometimes morning to afternoon.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Verbeek

• Senneke said “you didn’t talk to me”, Verbeek replied “we talked to you once, that’s all we needed”
  • Added a bunch of different types of players
  • Knows the different types of players you need to win, added all the types he thinks you need to win (put a fork in the “big burly only” balloon)
  • Senneke - big, chance to grow into the frame, “off the charts vision skill and skating, can play physical, skilled and fast.
  • Ducks type pick - 3 things. Competitive/drve, hockey sense , skating ability. Can fix skating ingredient but it the first two.
  • Solberg - falls directly into the “hard to play against”, physical, a taller Radko Gudas. Verbeek doesn’t like the other teams feeling comfortable in the ice.
  • Smaller centers - Blais is small, but he and Patterson incredible speed and motor and hockey sense, so they overlook the size.
  • Glenn Cochran - amateur scout for 17 years. Nice off ice, one of the meaning nastiest people Verbeek ever played against on ice. WHL territory.
  • Goalie coach ( spelling)promoted to director of goaltending, now more scouting and overall direction, not working with players on ice.
  • Richard Clune PP/Forwards
  • Trombley promoted to director of player development.
  • Free agency goals are to get a top 6 forward and top 6 defenseman. Didn’t mention “right” FWIW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad