• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. In the sixth poll I am voting for Sam Colangelo.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2024 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. LW - Cutter Gauthier (2024 acquired)
2. RW - Beckett Sennecke (2024 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. D - Tristan Luneau (+1)
5. D - Stian Solberg (2024 draftee)

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
First poll I'm really intrigued to see the results of. None of the first 5 were close but I expect this one to be

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Going with Peterson.super quick, great hands and quick shot. Has a great defensive game too. He’s our Marner hopefully without the drama queen attached.
Clang was a close call. He’s my next.

Edit. Sorry meant Clara not Clang.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Going with Peterson.super quick, great hands and quick shot. Has a great defensive game too. He’s our Marner hopefully without the drama queen attached.
Clang was a close call. He’s my next.
Interested to hear what makes you remain so high on Clang? He's ok and I think he still has a shot to make it but just among Ducks goalie prospects I'd have Clara and Suchanek ahead of him.

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Interested to hear what makes you remain so high on Clang? He's ok and I think he still has a shot to make it but just among Ducks goalie prospects I'd have Clara and Suchanek ahead of him.
Yeah I messed up Clang with Clara. Clara would be my choice.

Reactions: MMC

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Is it too early for suchanek - he was pretty fantastic in the ahl this year and our goalie development system can be trusted to develop him to the nhl in my opinion
I'm not voting for him quite yet but I think the argument could be made

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I went with Dionicio, I think he has the most intriguing high-end skillset of all the players left. Bit bullish on him, but there’s potentially top-pairing upside if he can put it all together and improve the skating IMO

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Is it too early for suchanek - he was pretty fantastic in the ahl this year and our goalie development system can be trusted to develop him to the nhl in my opinion
I don't think so, I'm going with Clara but Suchanek is my next pick

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Could go one of multiple ways, mainly because there are different stages of development and the goalie position.

Pettersson has actual top 6 center upside
Colangelo is closest to NHL ready
Clara as the goalie of the future holds importance rivaling Gauthier and Sennecke
Suchanek is a wild card because of the size but his impact was undeniable
Sidorov is still a work in progress, but he could be a big time scorer

I went with Clara, as he has now shown nothing but great progress, quite similarly to Dostal before him.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I'm missing context on Clara because I tend not to put much stock in players until they're close to the NHL. I know he's been good, but I guess I don't have any idea if he's any better than Suchanek.

Colangelo gets my vote here.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Pettersson for me. Top 6 upside hard to pass up. Clara is super close for me but goalies are so tough to rank. I get Colangelo but I think he upside of the other two is higher.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Based on his raw potential (size/athleticism) and very impressive showing in a men's league at a young age, I have to go with Clara here. A strong showing in the SHL this year, will cement him as one of the game's elite goalie prospects, he's likely top 10 already.

Reactions: Deuce22 and Ducks

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm missing context on Clara because I tend not to put much stock in players until they're close to the NHL. I know he's been good, but I guess I don't have any idea if he's any better than Suchanek.

Colangelo gets my vote here.

Suchanek is 2 years older and proven on NA ice but if you're the type who tends to vote on these polls based on ceilings with Clara's physical traits and the fact that he had a very impressive season in his own right leads me to believe his upside is higher

Reactions: All Mighty

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I went with Dionicio, I think he has the most intriguing high-end skillset of all the players left. Bit bullish on him, but there’s potentially top-pairing upside if he can put it all together and improve the skating IMO
You tryin to piss off montreal fans or something

Went with Clara.... think he has huge upside for us.

Dont mind Pettersson here... i just really dont know much about his game/upside.... wasnt a player that was on my radar at all this draft year. I did have Masse as a target with our potential oiler pick(prior to trading up)

Colangelo is who i figured would run away with it, kinda surprised he didnt.

A guy that really impresses me, maybe more so than any prospect we have right now is Sidorov... I keep thinking hes a long shot, but then i see him at the camp, or in game tapes and im like shit maybe we have something with him.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Going off the board with Terrance here. He’s been stuck on a horrible junior team his whole career and more than held his own. I see a breakout coming for him. Has the skill to play at the next level.

There’s a massive group of prospects here that are really close. I considered 6 different names before deciding

I think Colangelo is next for me

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Warren has the highest upside and talent potential
I agree that he has a higher potential than people might appreciate. I don't think he has the highest, simply because I don't think he has the offense in him, but I do think he has a higher chance of playing a large future role than people might realize.

Separately, trying to guess anything with goaltenders is a fool's errand.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I just don't see a world where Warren is anything more than a bottom pairing guy and I think even that is a long shot.

Despite his physical gifts he couldn't even dominate the Q as an overager and even took a big step back production wise add on top of that how awful he looked at the WJC and his injuries and I just don't see what anyone else sees in him for his name to even be coming up this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad