GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Personally I think it is crazy to take Hage over Eiserman. I think Eiserman's faults are being beaten to death and in some areas quite exaggerated.

Watch their footage side by side. Hage is a better stickhandler, passer, skater, more creative, a play driver and plays with more intensity. Eiserman has a better shot and that’s it. That one elite trait isn’t so elite that it will compensate for being absolutely average everywhere else.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Watch their footage side by side. Hage is a better stickhandler, passer, skater, more creative, a play driver and plays with more intensity. Eiserman has a better shot and that’s it. That one elite trait isn’t so elite that it will compensate for being absolutely average everywhere else.

If this is true then why did Eiserman significantly outproduce Hage?

I like Hage. I appreciate the reservations on Eiserman. I think people are getting a little carried away.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020

I like Hage. I appreciate the reservations on Eiserman. I think people are getting a little carried away.

Read this thread, dude.

His dad died suddenly in the offseason and he had shoulder surgery. Since about January he dragged Chicago to relevance and scored almost 2 points a game. I believe he was 4th overall in USHL scoring so it’s hot like he was trash.

Eiserman scored what, 25 power play goals being fed by 2025 #1 overall pick and future franchise superstar Jimmy Hagens?

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com

1st half vs 2nd half would be my guess. By my calculations, Hage had 52 points in 30 games starting from january, and 23 in 24 games prior to that. When you understand what happened to him this summer and missing most of last season, it makes sense to believe he could have had a pace that would have brought him closer to 85-90 points in regular circumstances. Not only that, but this Chicago team wasn't good at all this season.

Having said that, I do think some of Eiserman's weaknesses are overblown a bit. I don't think his playmaking and his play away from the puck is as bad as some say but I do question his hockey sense overall.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Read this thread, dude.

His dad died suddenly in the offseason and he had shoulder surgery. Since about January he dragged Chicago to relevance and scored almost 2 points a game. I believe he was 4th overall in USHL scoring so it’s hot like he was trash.

Eiserman scored what, 25 power play goals being fed by 2025 #1 overall pick and future franchise superstar Jimmy Hagens?

I’m certainly not saying Hage is trash, he’s one of my preferences at 15, good player and by all accounts great kid. I’m aware of his injury history and family situation. His production was good, trajectory is what you like to see. I think your characterization of the players is pretty dramatic.

Fundamentally I think a lot of the board underappreciates how much goes into scoring goals at that high of a clip, and I think reducing Eiserman’s goal scoring ability to a good shot is a good example of that. So is this 2024 notion that all of his goals are a product of Hagens, as if he hasn’t been scoring at an obscene clip since Shattuck’s. His positioning, timing, instincts, deception, release are very, very unique. His goalscoring does absolutely come at a cost in terms of his commitment across the ice, effort defensively, all that, for sure. The same is true for Hage.

I have plenty of reservations about Eiserman but I feel like opinion on him is so inconsistent with other player evaluations. People here will look at so many prospects with pretty average skill sets and confidently project like 20+ goals at the NHL level, then completely hand wave away Eiserman’s exceptional goalscoring resume.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Eiserman had 34 points in 24 games . Hage had 75 points in 54 games
Eiserman were scoring a lot because his job was only to shoot

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Eiserman had 34 points in 24 games . Hage had 75 points in 54 games
Eiserman were scoring a lot because his job was only to shoot
I suspect you’re only looking Eiserman’s USHL. The NTDP plays both USHL and NCAA teams, it’s a unique arrangement. Eiserman played 57 games I believe.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I suspect you’re only looking Eiserman’s USHL. The NTDP plays both USHL and NCAA teams, it’s a unique arrangement. Eiserman played 57 games I believe.
EP lists him as playing 57 games and 24 games. Are those double-counted? Or do they really play 80+ games?

1719271883891.png

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
If we're keeping 15 and he's still there, I'm taking Eiserman no question. He's the exact type of prospect 90% of this board has been clamoring for for the past few years.

And thank Gord this board isn’t doing the drafting. We’d have Zegras over Seider. Perfetti or Drysdale over Raymond. Some people liked Sillinger over Edvinsson. Savoie over Kasper, and Dvorsky over Danielson.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
And thank Gord this board isn’t doing the drafting. We’d have Zegras over Seider. Perfetti or Drysdale over Raymond. Some people liked Sillinger over Edvinsson. Savoie over Kasper, and Dvorsky over Danielson.
I liked Zegras over Seider and Dvorsky over Danielson. Eklund over Edvinsson.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Yes. Take the swing.

Not like the safe guy also picked in '18 moves the needle in any way.
Dunno, i like thre result of drafting safe guys 19-22, maybe even 23 more. I think you greatly overrate the upside of Eisermann, given how his skills traslate. Scoring a lot in juniors =/= scoring a lot in NHL. I'm ok at taking a swing on somebody with certain limitation, but there is a clear understanding what is the issue and how to fix it (like specific skating issues or shot, etc.). In case where we don't know how the skills translates and i don't think answering the question by he scored so many goals in juniors he will figure it out is the right one. It is the same issue with Zadina. He improved his skating, he improved his play without puck, playmaking, he never had a translatable skill.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Dunno, i like thre result of drafting safe guys 19-22, maybe even 23 more. I think you greatly overrate the upside of Eisermann, given how his skills traslate. Scoring a lot in juniors =/= scoring a lot in NHL. I'm ok at taking a swing on somebody with certain limitation, but there is a clear understanding what is the issue and how to fix it (like specific skating issues or shot, etc.). In case where we don't know how the skills translates and i don't think answering the question by he scored so many goals in juniors he will figure it out is the right one. It is the same issue with Zadina. He improved his skating, he improved his play without puck, playmaking, he never had a translatable skill.
That's cool. All those safe guys make it an even better decision to take a swing.

I am perfectly fine if Yzerman strikes out. Just take the swing. I mean yeah, if the scouts hate him and have actual reasons to point at instead of the spectre of Zadina, then move on to the next scorer. But make it a scorer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's cool. All those safe guys make it an even better decision to take a swing.

I am perfectly fine if Yzerman strikes out. Just take the swing. I mean yeah, if the scouts hate him and have actual reasons to point at instead of the spectre of Zadina, then move on to the next scorer. But make it a scorer.
I think we positioned pretty well to take a swing on a guy like Eiserman or Connelly, assuming we are comfortable with the other stuff. Could be the equivalent of Yzerman saying he took ASP last year because “we don’t have that in our system”.

We are pretty set on young defenseman and like you said have taken some higher floor guys with the top picks as of late.

Will be interesting to see what route they go.

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad