Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
As expected it Looks like MacMac, Skinner, Laferriere, and McGing are on waivers so we can add them to the other 14 sent down.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Faksa maxes out as a 3C on any team in the league with the majority of them being a 4C. In no scenario should he be our 2C...and I like the guy.

Schenn should be on the wing but is the defacto 3C. We could do much worse than that.

The problem with that is Buch really needs another winger on his libe to take draws and Neighbours, Saad, Bolduc, aren't it. Texier and Holloway are the only other forwards that could play up with any kind of faceoff experience and neither has much at all. This is why I like Holloway on the 2nd line.

Right now my lines would be:

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Neighbours-Buch-Holloway
Saad-Schenn-Texier
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph
Walker, kapanen as extras until Sunny is ready, then Kapanen is waived

I'd also be cool with swapping Bolduc and Saad if you want to add some more speed to the Schenn line while also giving time for the frenchmen to gel.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Neither Ellis nor Zherenko had a chance to earn role. Sometimes you are just road blocked and after how our Goalies played last year, that is the case. Ellis could have made every save and made them all look easy. But its just pre-season. He was going down eventually. He got more games than Zherenko so far. They till want to get Zherenko another couple periods, so Ellis got sent down first.
Totally. So far, given Zherenko's health, Ellis has the upper hand. He's taken advantage of Zherenko's misfortune. Smart. Now Vadim needs to get healthy.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Right now my lines would be:

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Neighbours-Buch-Holloway
Saad-Schenn-Texier
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph
Walker, kapanen as extras until Sunny is ready, then Kapanen is waived
That's the direction I'd go in terms of roster construction for the forwards. Kapanen is just kind of there. Not good, not terrible, just there and he doesn't seem to be one of those character guys that can give the boys an emotional boost either like a Sunny or a Walker.

Reactions: CurrentCS

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I kinda feel like we’re more likely to see Faksa at 2C and Schenn at 3C before we see a trade. Which is gross. But we’ve got Dvorsky on the way up, and you don’t really want to block him long-term with another big acquisition. I’m also not sure that any of the pieces we’d want to give up could get us more than a 3C at best. It’s a tricky situation.

Our wingers are set for a long time tho, so that’s nice.

Faksa ain't gonna be higher on the depth chart than Schenn, but I agree with what you said about making a trade. I don't see the big rush to acquire another center until we see how Buch, Schenn, Faksa, and possibly Texier/Holloway look.

I was looking up Faksa and saw this article, so figured I'd put it here since we're on the subject. Seems like he's got the right mindset and if he's coming here for more opportunity and ice time then we might as well let him play 3C until he can't cut it or we find a better option, which might be in-house already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad