Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Give Dvorsky a vet to learn from? Idk. I highly doubt we'd bench/send down Saad. Only other thing icould be uf we are in trade talks to move him for some reason.
I'm hoping it's just a Vet for Dvo to play with. But, I wouldn't rule out Trade talks. I just think it's weird. I was expecting both groups to be a little more 50/50 on talent.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah that’s interesting to see the closest version yet to our opening night lineup. It’s the entire NHL roster except for Saad. I also believe that he’s one of the few guys that has not played in a preseason game yet. So either he’s dealing with a minor injury, or that is a situation worth keeping an eye on.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
That's what I am thinking, or a younger bottom 6 with a little bit of upside. Or even just move him for draft capital if he is not in our long term plans

Yeah I was thinking a vet C with up to 2-3 years left on his deal so they don’t block Dvorsky. Could also see a younger guy with some upside, especially if it’s a team who could use a vet like Saad.

Draft capital I wouldn’t mind, but I can’t see them just giving up his 20+ goals when they want to make the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would like to see a trade of some sort just to create some breathing room. We have too many bodies, even at the AHL level it seems.

Although I’m not sure if I’m ready to move Saad right now. Unless we can find a decent Center for him, I’d rather just find a team that needs some depth and give them Perunovich and Kapanen for a 7th.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I would like to see a trade of some sort just to create some breathing room. We have too many bodies, even at the AHL level it seems.

Although I’m not sure if I’m ready to move Saad right now. Unless we can find a decent Center for him, I’d rather just find a team that needs some depth and give them Perunovich and Kapanen for a 7th.
Agreed and I would add Tucker into that group as well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Saad may want out. Neighbours passed him on the depth chart, Bolduc as well if he secures a role. We brought in Texier, Holloway and Joseph to compete for 3rd line roles. Snuggy will be here come playoffs. He is having to compete for a Top line role on a borderline contender. Army honors trades when requested. Not saying it's the case but it wouldn't shock me.

Edit: Nevermind, lol

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And in addition to Saad's baby, I always take the early lines/pairings with a grain of salt. Usually in camp and pre-season, you mix and match to both see how things work and see how players react to change, you don't want them too comfortable. It's not like we are tied to Buch at center, but they obviously want to see it for at least a stretch. Things probably look different 10-20 games into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad