Prospect Info: 2024 Blues Prospect Poll #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Blues’ #5 Prospect?

• Michael Buchinger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quinton Burns

• Lukas Fischer

• Paul Fischer

• Adam Jecho

• Aleksanteri Kaskimaki

• Matt Kessel

• Colin Ralph

• Nikita Susuyev

• Vadim Zherenko

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Bolduc for me here, I would imagine it will be close between him and Stenberg, but as we discussed in the previous threads those are the next 2 for sure.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This is close. Stenburg projects as a pesky middle 6 guy who everyone loves. Bolduc can be a more frustrating top 6 guy who fans get on for being a more streaky perimeter player. But I do feel his offensive upside trumps Stenburg's. And Bokduc showed a solid defensive game last year for a rookie. I went Bolduc.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Was super impressed with Bolduc's stint last year relative to my expectations of him as a player. Could see him easily popping 15 G's this year with his shot and additional confidence...if he gives you that amount of offense plus the compete level he showed last yr you have a pretty capable top 6 player.

Reactions: Reality Czech
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I went with Stenberg here, but it was really close. I think Bolduc has a little higher offensive upside but love Stenberg’s two way game. And I think he’ll have more of an impact due to that.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I see Stenberg as the more impactful player. High IQ possession forward who will score at a decent clip but impact winning more than the raw point totals suggest. Although he does have some scoring upside. Bolduc I also think will be a versatile top 9 winger, though more of the third wheel on his lines that skates well, has the adequate skill, and can finish.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I obviously went Bolduc again here. Stenberg seems like he projects as a major agitator, maybe similar to a more skilled(?) Wilson and less belligerent. I think that type of player will be very valuable to the Blues, but just based on potential, my view of Bolduc is a very high offensive ceiling with good defensive tendencies. I think it could be possible for Bolduc to reach Perron's ceiling more quickly and for much longer, which I think is a better player than Wilson.

To me, they are very close in rank, but my ranking will evaluate the offensive potential of players if I feel their value is close.

Reactions: Frenzy31

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I see Bolduc and Stenberg having similar ceilings as players that will likely end up as middle-6 forwards for the majority of their career. Bolduc gets the nod because he's already there.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
it’s a toss up for me between Bolduc and Stenberg, but I have to give the nod to Bolduc since he’s already showing he can play affectively in the nhl. I’m really hoping to see even more progression from him this year like we did with Neighbors. Hopefully Dean also.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
They both round up to second line forwards. Stenberg's overall toolkit and two way play wins the tie between the two. I'm not even really sure if Bolduc has the better shot. Stenberg for me over Bolduc with a higher ceiling and same floor.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
After #6, this is where the polls will get interesting to see. It becomes a crapshoot almost at that point.

Reactions: SirPaste

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Voted Stenberg again. I felt like it should've been Stenberg, Bolduc, then Jiricek.

After that, it gets trickier, but I have a prospect in mind for that one as well.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I tend to be a bit risk averse and put more value in a player being further along in development and closer to NHL. Went with Bolduc here for that reason.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I tend to be a bit risk averse and put more value in a player being further along in development and closer to NHL. Went with Bolduc here for that reason.
This is why I had Toropchenko and Alexandrov high in my prospects rankings last offseason. Torpo was obviously fantastic, but Niki no. I do the same thing when it comes to some of the prospects.

Bolduc is furthest along right now.

If the kid’s name isn’t McDardsaitl, then he is a risk.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Bolduc here. His NHL games were very impressive last year after I was not particularly sold on him as a prospect the past couple of years. He looked the part of a competent middle six scoring winger, and if put in the right position could be a really good complimentary piece on a competitive team.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I like Bolduc here and liked him at #4.

Bolduc impressed me those last few NHL games he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad