Prospect Info: 2024-25 Prospects Thread (CHL/NCAA/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Koivu sighting for 30 seconds. TPS is not that good of a team. Beaudin centering their 1st line? Goalie seems good though.
Well, I thought that was a pretty solid effort against the team that has won the last three championships, and is once again slated to be the overwhelming favourite to win again.

Reactions: Nevins

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Did he even have 1 presence in the 2nd period?

It says he did but I didn't see it, so I turned it off late in the 2nd I believe. I was checking during the game while working and I thought it said he played 1:47 in the 1st and then he was up to 2:47 or so after the 2nd. I don't know how he got to 7:04 in a tight game like that since he clearly wasn't playing much in the 1st 2 periods. But this was only his 5th ever game at Liiga so we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Nevins

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Koivu sighting for 30 seconds. TPS is not that good of a team. Beaudin centering their 1st line? Goalie seems good though.

Two of their best players were out with injuries (Marjala who would likely be the 1C and Petrus Palmu who would be their 3rd best winger probably).

Good on Koivu making an impression early so maybe he can resist the effect of both coming back. Their bottom 6 isn't the best so he has a chance to climb if he can produce.

Their goalie Werner was 1B in the SHL for Malmo and was ok in the AHL in his NA stint. His backups are both kids (19 and 20 years old).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospect recap from yesterday (Sept. 10th):

- EURO -

- TPS Turku won 3-2 in the SO vs. Tappara
Koivu with 1 assist / +1 / 7:06 TOI
Season So Far: 1 assist in 1 GP

Prospects in action today (Sept. 11th)

- Kostenko & Sobolev vs. Volokhin @ 11:30AM ET (Sobolev is most likely out to injury. We'll see if Volokhin gets his first start of the season).

- Dynamo St. Petersburg is playing @ 10:30AM ET. We'll see if Khanin is in the line-up.

Reactions: Seb and Rapala

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Odd that Kostenko isn't in the lineup since he's been on their top pairing but I will go back and check last game to see if he got injured after the goal he scored cause I didn't watch after that as info on injuries/call ups, etc... can be tough to get from Russia.

I wonder if he's been called back to the KHL, as he's been on a heck of a run since being traded mid season last year.

Before trade,

20-3-2-5

Since trade,

25-10-12-22

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospect recap from yesterday (Sept. 11th):

- EURO -

- HC Yugra lost 5-2 to Khimik
Volokhin with 13 saves on 17 SOG for a .765 SV% (got pulled)
Season So Far: 2 GP (0-1-0) / 4,62 GAA / .857 SV%

Prospects in action today (Sept. 12th):

- Konyushkov @ 11:30AM ET
- Demidov @ 12:30PM ET

in Champions League action:

- Eriksson @ 11AM ET

in preseason action:

- Kapanen @ 1PM ET (Timra's last preseason game. If Kapanen plays today, he will surely make his way to MTL after)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully it was just a due to it being his first ever start officially in the VHL, as it was likely the worst game i've seen from him.

I assume Khanin must be injured cause he's not showing up on the KHL roster and hasn't played in the VHL since the 6 mins he played where he was oddly listed as the spare forward.

Filip Eriksson is listed on the top line in the Champions league today, he's been ripping it up there with 7 pts in 11 games so far. (vids in the Champions league thread)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully it was just a due to it being his first ever start officially in the VHL, as it was likely the worst game i've seen from him.

I assume Khanin must be injured cause he's not showing up on the KHL roster and hasn't played in the VHL since the 6 mins he played where he was oddly listed as the spare forward.

Filip Eriksson is listed on the top line in the Champions league today, he's been ripping it up there with 7 pts in 11 games so far. (vids in the Champions league thread)

Yeah he looked bad - but I rarely judge goalies early on in the season. We take the longest to get our timing ramped up and he's taking a step up in competition. He was better the other day when he came in relief and stopped 11 shots.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They keep listing Konyushkov as the 3rd pairing RD but I often say you can't go by these boxscore lineups, it's only been 3 games but only 1 person on the team has a higher TOI ave then him and that's former NHLer Voynov who's now the #1 RD taking Konyushkov's spot.

Voynov is the only player on the team to ave over 20 mins a game. Konyushkov is 2nd at 19:47, Letunov 19:46 and Phillips at 19:17 is the other RD.

No Kostenko or Khanin in today's KHL game, I thought Kostenko might have been called up but I never went back to check last game to see if he got injured after the goal.

Yeah he looked bad - but I rarely judge goalies early on in the season. We take the longest to get our timing ramped up and he's taking a step up in competition. He was better the other day when he came in relief and stopped 11 shots.

the 1st goal i think it was, I slowed it down as you could see his teammate go for the puck as the forward was getting his shot off but I couldn't see if his stick deflected it or not.

I know one of the PP goals he gave up I thought he was too far along his post but the last goal he gave up wasn't his fault his it was a bad bounce off the back boards and went right to the forwards stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad