Prospect Info: [2024] 5th rd selection - #152 OA - LW, Alexander Plesovskikh - Mamonty Yugry, MHL (6′2″/174lb)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
LW, Alexander Plesovskikh
Screenshot 2024-06-29 142747.png

Rights held indefinitely.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Can't comment on this one - wasn't on my board. Maybe one of the Russian posters has some more info about him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
And there's a short blurb from Elite Prospects in their draft guide:

One of the youngest players in the draft, Alexander Plesovskikh probably has more runway ahead of him to push and develop his skills than most players in the class. He’s going to need it too, based on what we saw this season.
More of a straight-line pursuer than a creator, he mostly spent the year taking advantage of the opposition’s mistakes, pouncing on loose pucks and intercepting them to then drive the slot. One can be an opportunistic scorer at the MHL level, where mistakes are plentiful, but not at the professional level.
“Plesovskikh had a decent game here,” wrote Elite Prospect Russia regional scout Dylan Griffing in a December game report “His playmaking really comes from reactionary plays, taking his first option most of the time, which worked out fine here, but he lacks the true dynamic play to be a next level playmaker.”
Right now, Plesovskikh’s upside comes mostly from his tools. Some, like his passing and physical skills, project well to the NHL. And if he adds an extra gear to his skating, he could find a role playing North-South hockey on a KHL line.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Fit Clarke’s MO ..’projectable pick with some raw tools. Good motor and two way game but may have untapped offense.

Like the frame too

Reactions: htpwn

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Leafs really digging deep on the diamonds in the rough. Kid is only 17 lol

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
6'2", 174lb

If I'm the scout, the first thing I'm doing is buying this kid a meal. He's like 40lbs underweight for the NHL.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Fit Clarke’s MO ..’projectable pick with some raw tools. Good motor and two way game but may have untapped offense.

Like the frame too

Whenever I see comments like this I think we must have a ton of overweight posters. As if 6'2" 174 lbs at 18 is small in real life haha.

6'2", 174 lb. at 17 ... sounds like a professional soccer player.

But my guess you'd likely be correct.

He's still a boy, could even add height before he's done.

If Leafs took him they see something there, and there is no hurry on this asset.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That's skinny for a hockey player at that age.

Do you mean at 6'2", 174 lb. he has a great opportunity to add muscle when he's finished growing?

As boys usually become men and add muscle, I wouldn't think a 17 year old has any concerns about being fully developed unless his head isn't screwed on properly.

31 players made a visit into the NHL this year weighing 172 or less.
125 players weighed less than 181 pounds.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad