Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I should add that while he has to play in Russia next season, the only way that could change is if SKA did what they just did for Michkov, which is kind of unheard of though so we'll see as Weeks was on the NHL Network saying the Flyers paved the way for change in regards to dealing with Russian clubs and working out a transfer. Will be interesting to see if that's the case or just SKA not really wanting Michkov around and saying f*** it you take him we'd rather have money.
I agree nothing is written in stone any longer. It's actually advantageous to the KHL teams to work out ways of benefiting from their assets.
They don't want to invest time in these players to begin with. Since they can't get warm bodies back it has to involve $$$$ somehow.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Not sure why. Team needs always factors into play.

Levi looks to be a top notch two way, first pairing defensemen....who wouldn't want that.

Lindy is a monster that can skate like the wind, loves playing physical and scores goals....who wouldn't want that.

All three are fantastic prospects
I had not Lindstrom in my top 5.

Actually I had Demidov, Sennecke, Catton and Iginla before him.

I have a big problem with Lindstrom's IQ and vision.

He will be a hell of a player nonetheless, but I had those guys before him .

Reactions: Timelord

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Hughes said they didn't go to Florida to meet Demidov because they didn't want to show their high interest.
Not questioning this but do you have a video for that? Would really like to see him saying this.

I would try to bring him here and play in the CHL next season.
edit: if anyone saw his interview pre draft with Renauld, I think too he deliberately made the reporter ask the question again about viewing russian prospect as part of one of his chess move.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
One of the Sportsnet guys mentioned last night that every KHL team needs to have two U20 players in the lineup. Any KHL savvy fans know if this is true and if SKA is likely to have Demidov as one of these U20's?
Does not garantee ice time though

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bruins definitely wanted a center. They probably had 1. Hage 2. Beaudoin 3. Letourneau.

First Montreal then Utah jumped them to get Hage & Beaudoin. Bruins could only watch because they have no draft assets.
I still think Hughes was after 18 for 21 and not for Hage. Remember back to the beginning of the draft when he went over to Davidson's table.
Davidson said they were just catching up in person. :laugh:

Yeah right.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
I still think Hughes was after 18 for 21 and not for Hage. Remember back to the beginning of the draft when he went over to Davidson's table.

Yeah right.
They did say they had Hage rated higher than where they got him so maybe trying to get 18 was for Hage. They also said if Hage was taken, they'd try to trade back.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They did say they had Hage rated higher than where they got him so maybe trying to get 18 was for Hage. They also said if Hage was taken, they'd try to trade back.
He was a wild card, any spot past #15 could have been a possibility for him. I sorta expected Washington to take him at 17 TBH, but they went with Parascak instead. You could make an argument for Hage before Eiserman and Boivert, he has that much raw potential.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yeah right.

Montreal was seriously interested in both Eiserman and Boisvert. Chicago took Boisvert, which is why they didn't want to move.

Eiserman went to NYI at #20.

I'm definitely happy with Hage @ 21.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Idk if anyone really can hate this pick to be honest.

He has a unique mix of elite skill and elite hockey IQ that makes him a very special prospect. Usually guys have either elite skill with average or below average IQ, or high IQ with average skill. It's not very often there is a player with both elite IQ and elite skill to go with it.

There's a reason most scouts had him ranked #2 right behind Celebrini. If not for the teams ahead of us that were picking with team building in mind, we would have never even come close to drafting him.
To be fair there were no reasons to hate any of the possibles that were coming our way.
I was resigned months ago to the fact that no matter what we were getting a really good toy.
Demidov has a lot of work to put in if he hopes to top them all because guys like Lindstrom Sennecke and Iginla certainly won't be letting up.

Reactions: NobleSix

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I have to say that Jeff Gorton is a great builder. He came here and took an organization that was basically in shambles and within a couple of years built a top-notch machine. I look at Hughes, St Laurent, Bobrov and all the other people he brought in, and I have to say we have to go to the 70s to find a better-run Habs organization, and with a little bit of time he may even rival that 70s team. Jeff may be from Boston but he knows his shit.
Probably a stupid question but who's St. Laurent?

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Now that the shock has worn off and I'm lucid again, I can't express how ecstatic I am. My pick for the Habs was Sennecke only because I didn't want to be let down again by believing that Demidov would be available. The fact that he was there and we actually picked him pretty much short circuited my brain. So, Hab fans can have nice things after all. Who woulda thought, omg..........

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He was a wild card, any spot past #15 could have been a possibility for him. I sorta expected Washington to take him at 17 TBH, but they went with Parascak instead. You could make an argument for Hage before Eiserman and Boivert, he has that much raw potential.
Hard to pass up on Boisvert. IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad