Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Scott Wheeler:

I can’t think of a better outcome for the Habs. We know where their young group of defensemen is at. Now, they’ve added two of the best forwards in the draft, one of whom is an elite skill guy and one of whom is a center with length, skating (Hage is one of the best skaters in the draft), skill (he gets high grades in this class here, too) and a profile that I love.

I believe that Demidov is the second-best prospect in the draft and is a home run for the Habs. A true game-breaker is the one thing it felt like their core was missing — the kind of player who can challenge for 90 to 100 points if things break right. There’s no guarantee that he will become that, but I see that kind of upside and he feels like a 70-to-80-point player at his floor. I think he’s going to make magic happen in the NHL and thrill one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. It’ll be great for the league.

And Hage might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I think he’s got a legitimate path to a long career as a top-six player. I comped him to Jordan Kyrou and I think that’s within reach.

This is a big day in the Habs’ rebuild and they had the best Day 1 of the bunch. One to remember.
still feels a bit surreal.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I was just reading the Hawks page, and holy smokes it's verbatim habs page '23
1000006459.jpg

Now bruins fans are jealous

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
My favorite pick the Habs have made in my lifetime. We’re more sure we have a player than the day we drafted Galchenyuk or KK that both had much grey zones. I love Slafkovsky. He’s now my clear number #1 in that season. He’ll help us win the Cup. But there wasn’t a player of Demidov’s skill level that draft year.

Apr 28, 2010
Anybody hate this pick? Just curious.

Where are the ones that guaranteed us Demidov would not be available at 5?

And oh yeah, how about the ones that were to run naked if Demidov is the pick…did you follow through?
I'm one of them. Didn't think three teams would pass up on Demidov. There was no fn way. Tij was a lot more realistic. Thought the Habs got lucky tonight.

Thank you, Chicago, Anaheim and Columbus!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I haven't been this excited this early for a habs prospect in a long time. We've been starved for an electric forward for so long and have only ever been able to get them either for a hot moment (Radulov), in the back half of their career (Kovalev) or at the very end (Kovalchuk). It's exciting to think we'll have Demidov right when he's getting into his prime and then hopefully his prime.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Scott Wheeler:

I can’t think of a better outcome for the Habs. We know where their young group of defensemen is at. Now, they’ve added two of the best forwards in the draft, one of whom is an elite skill guy and one of whom is a center with length, skating (Hage is one of the best skaters in the draft), skill (he gets high grades in this class here, too) and a profile that I love.

I believe that Demidov is the second-best prospect in the draft and is a home run for the Habs. A true game-breaker is the one thing it felt like their core was missing — the kind of player who can challenge for 90 to 100 points if things break right. There’s no guarantee that he will become that, but I see that kind of upside and he feels like a 70-to-80-point player at his floor. I think he’s going to make magic happen in the NHL and thrill one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. It’ll be great for the league.

And Hage might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I think he’s got a legitimate path to a long career as a top-six player. I comped him to Jordan Kyrou and I think that’s within reach.

This is a big day in the Habs’ rebuild and they had the best Day 1 of the bunch. One to remember.
Night and Day compared to last year in terms of day 1 draft

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Welcome to Montreal Ivan!

Dwmidov really was the pick for us at 5. You just gotta take a swing with that talent when you get the chance. I'm really excited about him. We finally have a prospect with elite offensive upside.
Do you also like the Hage pick (especially trading up for him)?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We REALLY needed this star forward talent for the rebuild...I think tank is done.
Develop the kids and sign a UFA or 2 next summer and we rollin.

Reactions: Redux91

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Finally, a suitable replacement for my old love Sergei Kostitsyn...after more than a decade of nothingness. It was about time we have our next homegrown Soviet superstar. Markov was the last one for me and its been ages.

This pick feels like a home run. I had the same feeling when they picked Juraj Slafkovsky. I can't believe the habs will have 2 offensive dynamo for the next decade. Also, the Reinbacher pick is looking amazing right now imo.
Reinbacher > Yakemchuk, Buuim, Dickenson, Parekh.
The only one I would take before Reinbacher would be Silayev and that's only because he could be the next Chara, but what do I know.

I haven't been this excited after a draft for a very long time. Time to get back into following the habs more closely again I'm afraid 😱 ... especially now with my new found love.
:teach:

Reactions: Seb and MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad