Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Hold on, is he a generational talent?

Bedard was thought to be as one, now hes being compared to Celebrini and Michkov was thought to be gen 1.2 and now Demidov is being compared to him...but no one is calling him a generational talent

Whats going on? is the Generational Meter broken or has every body fallen off a step?

People use those terms so loosely. I don't even think Bedard is generational. He's basically the Patrick Kane of this generation. Generational talents are Crosby and McDavid. That's it. Don't need a generational talent every ten years. Look at the gap between Lemieux and Crosby. I also don't use this term lightly but demidov has superstar potential and there are probably only 10 or so of those in the nhl

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
An infusion of pure skills was long overdue for this team. Beyond happy to have him here.
Isn’t it great? I’m happy as H, and frickin’ happy the fanbase is electrified.

More excitement, more goals, more Ws.

The Build seems to be rightfully balancing out.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

Demidov!!!!!!!!! Hage!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Reactions: Treal and HabbyGuy

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
I think I'd make that trade assuming "another pick" was 18th overall.

But I honestly get why Columbus would pass on that. It could be out of the top-5 next season, and if you really like Lindstrom I think it makes sense to pull the trigger now.

Anyway, I'm thrilled things worked out the way they did. I'm also kinda glad he's gonna spend another year in Russia. Now we get to avoid hearing about how he was rushed by the organization.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Only thing that could top this is if he announces he’s not returning to the MHL/KHL next season, surely a brown paper bag of ‘incentiveness’ could accidentally be misplaced

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We did it. We actually took him.

The sheer amount of relief I felt when Celine said "Ivan"... We've infused our talent pool with dynamic talent FINALLY.

Praise Demigod.
Haha that was amazing, Celine taking her sweet time.

But why are we still underrating Slaf? It's not obvious to me that Demidov will be better. He can be of course but we're acting like Hughes finally got the draft right.

And I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you. It's a pretty common feeling in this thread. Slaf can end up being one scary f***ing player. I won't be surprised at all if Slaf is still the crown jewel of this org when all is said and done.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Ivan-na Hump a lot .

I’m 100% satisfied
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time
1000000856.jpg

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Pretty thrilled to pick the 2nd best forward in the draft at 5. The last time everyone on HF was this happy about a draft pick it ended up being Galchenyuk.
I hope they learned from Galchy and the Kostitsyn brothers. We need a Russian mentor for him. He is probably our most skilled forward since Alex Kovalev. We need to bring back Markov with the team. Markov could be a great mentor for him.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I doubt they can pressure anyone over there, but yes it would be a shame for Demidov to be stuck in the MHL because of idiot Rotenberg.
Pressure wasn’t the right word to use. I highly doubt Demidov will be in the MHL again next year; it’s either KHL or VHL, in my opinion. Maybe the Habs can potentially entice SKA to loan him somewhere, but I guess that’s wishful thinking on my part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad