Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I really liked Senecke as well son either way I am very happy tonight because if Demidov wasn't there at #5 that means Senecke would be.

I really wanted Connelly with the 21st.
FU Vegas!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Those are some massive shoes to fill. Kucherov was the first winger ever to net 100 assists this season. He may be hated but the guy is an extraordinary player. He won the Art-Ross twice in the McDavid era. As a winger

Bedard himself is far from guaranteed to be as good as Kucherov, that's an awful lot to put Michkov. He'll be a great winger I'm sure, but still...

As I said mark my words... One thing Kucherov has being lucky with is teammates. Stamkos, Point, Hedman... even having a superstar goalie helps forwards to play with more confidence. Phily doesn't have anybody close to the list right now. Not sure will they ever have. Still, I'm pretty confident about Michkov having an extraordinary NHL career.

• Wow
Reactions: TesseractPrice

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
They fixed last years(Fan error) Heh RD's went fast in this years draft. Demidov speaks English, He is preparing for NHL. " I Like when the Announcer said who's better You or Michkov?" He said next Qusetion. Pro!

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Hold on, is he a generational talent?

Bedard was thought to be as one, now hes being compared to Celebrini and Michkov was thought to be gen 1.2 and now Demidov is being compared to him...but no one is calling him a generational talent

Whats going on? is the Generational Meter broken or has every body fallen off a step?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I dunno guys, I am feeling uneasy about how everyone is too happy with this pick.

That's the natural subconscious second guessing that we all posses as Habs fans from years of disappointment.

The good news is that we actually have the players and development personnel to develop him properly.

He's the true #2 pick in this draft as far as I'm concerned, and as far as most people are concerned as well. If he was Canadian, American, Swedish, Finnish etc he would likely have went 2nd overall in most years. Chicago obviously took Lev from a team building perspective but make no mistake; Demidov was the 2nd best prospect available this year and it wasn't close.

He's as good a #2 pick as any of the best years in recent memory. It's not like 2012, 2018 or even 2022 when we had a top pick in a shitty draft year. This was a very strong draft year and we got the 2nd best player available.

Last edited:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I should add that while he has to play in Russia next season, the only way that could change is if SKA did what they just did for Michkov, which is kind of unheard of though so we'll see as Weeks was on the NHL Network saying the Flyers paved the way for change in regards to dealing with Russian clubs and working out a transfer. Will be interesting to see if that's the case or just SKA not really wanting Michkov around and saying f*** it you take him we'd rather have money.
I have a feeling with Bobrov’s ties to SKA we might see a bit of pressure from the Habs org towards them. Either play him with the big club, or loan him like you did with Michkov. f*** I love this pick and Demidov.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

Bedard was thought to be as one, now hes being compared to Celebrini and Michkov was thought to be gen 1.2 and now Demidov is being compared to him...but no one is calling him a generational talent

Whats going on? is the Generational Meter broken or has every body fallen off a step?
His skill his elite. Nobody said he's a generational talent yet.

Reactions: Redux91

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
As I said mark my words... One thing Kucherov has being lucky with is teammates. Stamkos, Point, Hedman... even having a superstar goalie helps forwards to play with more confidence. Phily doesn't have anybody close to the list right now. Not sure will they ever have. Still, I'm pretty confident about Michkov having an extraordinary NHL career.
Michkov and Tortorella feel like a match from hell.....

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I have a feeling with Bobrov’s ties to SKA we might see a bit of pressure from the Habs org towards them. Either play him with the big club, or loan him like you did with Michkov. f*** I love this pick and Demidov.

I doubt they can pressure anyone over there, but yes it would be a shame for Demidov to be stuck in the MHL because of idiot Rotenberg.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021

Is there anyone forecasting him, as a generational talent? Same for Celebrini?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad