Prospect Info: 2024 46th Overall - Tanner Howe (F)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"A fiery winger with a penchant for turning big hits into big goals. Howe’s a missile on the forecheck and a clever body position-winner. He emphasizes body positioning over possession in all situations, going out of his way to wedge his back between the puck and the incoming defender. He sneakily shoves and grabs opponents to knock them off balance and get inside their hands."

I really like both picks and Jesse seems to love it too:

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1719676562590.png

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
His production is interesting, was ppg as a 16 year old but his point totals havent really grown since that. That probably has alot to do with playing with Bedard the last two years.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Don't usually like the older ones as they should be further along. Also alarming his numbers droped this season, even if he had a bit worse teammates?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Saw someone said Farmham as a comparable. That upside!

Also I don't get how ppl are not concerned about the lack of production. He's barely scoring me than TWO seasons ago. And less than last year.

Ppl happy with a allegedly hard working forechecker? It's the 2nd round. You go for upside. Not safe picks with no upside like we did with both picks...

Reactions: Andy99

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m less enthused than with the Brunicke pick. He’s alright. I don’t like those older birthdates. And I don’t see him standing out in any particular facet.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Howe looked like he was going to easily be a top-15 pick a couple of years ago, but it's apparent that his early production was enhanced by Bedard. I like this pick. They got another Saskatchewan kid to go along with Brayden Yager so there might be future chemistry between the two.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I’m less enthused than with the Brunicke pick. He’s alright. I don’t like those older birthdates. And I don’t see him standing out in any particular facet.
Finally one more person that seems underwhelmed.
The trait seems to be running his mouth and get under opponents skin.
That enough to use a high pick on apparently

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Absolutely love the pick. I thought he'd be a late 1st for sure so the fact he fell to us is huge IMHO. Styistically, a very good complement to what we currently have.

Howe-Yager/Pono-Koivunen is a well rounded, nicely balanced line.

Very happy right now with this.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I hate this pick. I was never impressed with Howe and the analysts I respected did not rank him high. I almost lost my mind when Dubas picked Brunicke and Howe over Artamonov and Stigia.

Make it make sense Dubas.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I hate this pick. I was never impressed with Howe and the analysts I respected did not rank him high. I almost lost my mind when Dubas picked Brunicke and Howe over Artamonov and Stigia.

Make it make sense Dubas.
There it is. I was getting concerned nobody was bitching about this pick yet. Seems so out of character for this board.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Howe looked like he was going to easily be a top-15 pick a couple of years ago, but it's apparent that his early production was enhanced by Bedard. I like this pick. They got another Saskatchewan kid to go along with Brayden Yager so there might be future chemistry between the two.
Bffs.
Taylor Haase12:17 PM - JUNE 29, 2024

Tanner Howe and Harrison Brunicke are both WHL guys, they know each other well from playing against each other and the combine. Howe also said one of his best friends is Brayden Yager, and Yager was texting him this morning saying he hopes the Penguins get him. Yager got his wish.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00