Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No they have not. Last year was about $3 million to start the season, I believe it was the year before too, but there were a lot of injuries that filled up that Cap space. And the Jets have used that Cap space to acquire players at the deadline in both of the last two contention years.

I try to be level headed...I have to admit that I was a little irate in the prospect rankings when Salomonsson was looking to be our #1 prospect, over both Lambert and Mc Groarty, and others, and that was based on some premonition that he was going to come into camp and take Pionk's roster spot.

Well after this TC, I'd say Pionk is firmly ahead of him, not in any danger., and it looks like Lundmark is more NHL ready, though Salomonsson still has the higher ceiling.
It seems Salomonsson is atleast a couple of years away. Will take him some time to get used to the NA game and ice. Hopefully he has a good transition year with the Moose. I think we're all really hopeful with him as our defensive prospect cupboard is pretty bare.

Now I want to go back and look how close we were to the cap with bonuses included the last few years. I haven't used puckpedia much yet, good time to start I guess.

Reactions: Buffdog

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It seems Salomonsson is atleast a couple of years away. Will take him some time to get used to the NA game and ice. Hopefully he has a good transition year with the Moose. I think we're all really hopeful with him as our defensive prospect cupboard is pretty bare.

Now I want to go back and look how close we were to the cap with bonuses included the last few years. I haven't used puckpedia much yet, good time to start I guess.
Spotrac will give you a better idea, but it goes off the final numbers, so you have do some math.

Reactions: Mathil8

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Names is an excellent centre. His positioning in both ends is great, plays with heart, has skill enough to make plays and is a great teammate. The only issue is he doesn't win faceoffs. The problem then is coaches are reluctant to have his line out for dzone draws and hard to have him take any PK draws.
That would indicate that he is not an excellent center though

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That's one of the strangest comparisons I've ever seen lol

It's one thing to identify a problem, but it's another altogether to chastise Chevy for not doing something when we have no idea what his options were. Maybe there was no upgrade available, or maybe there was but the price was prohibitive or he didn't want to come here
Strange is part of my carry-on baggage. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That would indicate that he is not an excellent center though

That's it? A centres job is to win the FOs?

I see it as a part of the job but not a dominant part.

I'm not putting him out there to take an important Dzone draw on the PK. I'm not putting him out to take an important Ozone draw on the PP either. But otherwise, he is a good C. If only he was better at FOs we wouldn't have to still be looking for a 2C. At least not one for this year.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That's it? A centres job is to win the FOs?

I see it as a part of the job but not a dominant part.

I'm not putting him out there to take an important Dzone draw on the PK. I'm not putting him out to take an important Ozone draw on the PP either. But otherwise, he is a good C. If only he was better at FOs we wouldn't have to still be looking for a 2C. At least not one for this year.
Names is a good 4C... he is not an excellent center mostly for the reasons you just pointed out again.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Names is a good 4C... he is not an excellent center mostly for the reasons you just pointed out again.
But he's not. I think with the way the Jets are constructed the bottom 6 centres take more d-zone draws. So when he was demoted to the bottom 6, he became a winger, with Barron taking the C duties. This year Arniel seems keen on Kupari taking that role, to have a RH option on defensive zone draws, who can also be a faceoff option on the PK. So Namestnikov is a default 2c, where draws aren't the be all, end all (probably 90% o-zone, neutral zone draws), and a winger otherwise in the lineup.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Who ever said he was an excellent C? He is a good (but not excellent) 2C. He is good enough until we can find someone better. I don't mean another rental.

Monahan was excellent at FO but weak at pretty much everything else. I would rather have Names.

He's weak on FO. That's it. He's weak on FO on a 4th line too.

I think you are way over-weighting the importance of FO. Even in the case of those important ST FO, that is tied +/- 1 goal, he will win 1 in 3 times vs the good FO man who will win 1 in 2. That is 1 more FO won out of 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad