2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The rate at which he shot the puck in that game at 5v5 is almost twice as much as Owen Tippett throughout the entire season. And Tippett was second the league in total shot attempts last year....Just one game, so lets see

5v5
View attachment 910554

PP
View attachment 910556

Zero shots below the dots 5v5. Almost every one top of circles and above. I've mentioned before his shot selection is very Laine-esque. People hilariously misunderstand how the best shooters in the league score. It's HARD to get chances near the net, especially through individual creating. It's not like Gauthier being a chucker + settler was unknown.

FORJeMn.png
YUNtDdF.png

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Zero shots below the dots 5v5. Almost every one top of circles and above. I've mentioned before his shot selection is very Laine-esque. People hilariously misunderstand how the best shooters in the league score. It's HARD to get chances near the net, especially through individual creating. It's not like Gauthier being a chucker + settler was unknown.

FORJeMn.png
YUNtDdF.png
You know I know this!:laugh:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
14 shots in a game is impressive. It also screams he only sees the goal and not the ice. Best players see the ice.
The guy is a turret. Fourteen shots and none went in. He can get away with that in college. None of his teammates would challenge him for gunning and not passing. In the pros that won’t work. It kills the team’s offensive flow. We’ve seen some of that with Tippett.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I see in the last game Couturier fought because Michkov was being messed with…

In other words, the one thing the shills claim Deslauriers is needed for isn’t even being handled by him. So what exactly is he there for? Just getting in staged emotionless fights for no reason?

Not to mention the fact that fighting has never been a deterrent that protects anyone. Its exclusively a reaction that’s all for show.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

In other words, the one thing the shills claim Deslauriers is needed for isn’t even being handled by him. So what exactly is he there for? Just getting in staged emotionless fights for no reason?

Not to mention the fact that fighting has never been a deterrent that protects anyone. Its exclusively a reaction that’s all for show.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Coots had to do it, but teams are gonna key in on Michkov, it happened in the KHL sometimes too. Guys are gonna have to step up and stand up for him and they will, I personally loved what Coots did but we need that dude on the ice not in the box for 5 minutes. I think fighting has it's place still, some of it is for show but I don't think it's always that way.

EDIT: I also think that the age of guys who can ONLY fight are long gone, you have to be able to play professional hockey at a bottom 6 level usually and can ALSO fight. There's a difference from back in the 80's-90's for sure.

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

False

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Who the hell ever said Eichel was a generational talent? I've never once heard or seen anyone say he was generational, they thought elite for sure but never generational, let's not continue to lie
All you have to do is google “Jack Eichel” “generational” & there are tons of examples.

Here’s one:

So don’t call me a liar because you don’t remember something.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

No no you got it all wrong. Couts stepping up to do it is a direct result of hiring Chris Stewart SD a player development coach. He's been instrumental in making all the players tougher. If Couta is doing this now, can you imagine when Deslauriers does it? SUPERSLAURIERS

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
No no you got it all wrong. Couts stepping up to do it is a direct result of hiring Chris Stewart SD a player development coach. He's been instrumental in making all the players tougher. If Couta is doing this now, can you imagine when Deslauriers does it? SUPERSLAURIERS
How can development be a problem with this org? For $1000 alec

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad