2024-25 RFA UFA speculation/armchair GMing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Joshua had just under .5 ppg with a 21% shooting percentage?

Joshua has bad contract written all over him. Don't want him clogging up the C position even further than we already have it.

Matt Roy feels like a decent move, I like him as an Ed partner. It would also signal Steve has some deals in place to move some D men, because we can't add without subtract and bring up Ed and AlJo full time.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
We need to add talent to our top 6 and I don't see it being Kane

I can see Roy bring signed

And we desperately need a legit goalie...if we run back Husso and Lyon basically no other move will matter

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If we really just want to add some physical bang to the forwards, I'd still try to poach Clutterbuck from the isles. He's older, but he still throws it around and can eat PK time.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I know laine’s contract is not good and there’s a lot of red flags but would anyone be interested in a trade that looks like this:

To Detroit

Laine @50%

To CBJ

Holl
3rd round pick

We get off the holl contract and pay laine half his salary.

Definitely some risk but if Laine returns to form this could be a steal

Nnowski

Jun 11, 2024
I know laine’s contract is not good and there’s a lot of red flags but would anyone be interested in a trade that looks like this:

To Detroit

Laine @50%

To CBJ

Holl
3rd round pick

Add a 1st and I'm sure CBJ considers it

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com

To Detroit

Laine @50%

To CBJ

Holl
3rd round pick

No way Columbus accepts that imo. Laine at 4,35m for 2 years for essentially freaking Holl? That's a total steal.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
And we desperately need a legit goalie...if we run back Husso and Lyon basically no other move will matter
This is the key thing.

If Yzerman doesn't do anything else to address the weakness in goal, it's a clear signal he doesn't intend to make the playoffs and they may as well tank the season.

If Detroit had a legit starter last season, they make the playoffs. At least 5 of their losses, and probably more, can be 100% blamed on the goaltending.

Lyon is a great backup and can probably post a <2.3 GAA and >.91 SV% in less than 30-35 games played, but he can't do more. Husso sucks no matter how many games he played.

The more I look at the team, the more I see that getting rid of Husso needs to be priority 1. It eases the cap strain and open a spot to acquire a No. 1.

There are a lot of goalie options this off-season to fill the gap until Augustine/Cossa are ready.

If Yzerman can dump Husso and Holl it frees up 8.1 in cap and opens the starter slot for someone like Ullmark (5 million), Markstrom (6 million), Gibson (6.4 million), or Saros (5 million).

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This is the key thing.

If Yzerman doesn't do anything else to address the weakness in goal, it's a clear signal he doesn't intend to make the playoffs and they may as well tank the season.

If Detroit had a legit starter last season, they make the playoffs. At least 5 of their losses, and probably more, can be 100% blamed on the goaltending.

Lyon is a great backup and can probably post a <2.3 GAA and >.91 SV% in less than 30-35 games played, but he can't do more. Husso sucks no matter how many games he played.

The more I look at the team, the more I see that getting rid of Husso needs to be priority 1. It eases the cap strain and open a spot to acquire a No. 1.

There are a lot of goalie options this off-season to fill the gap until Augustine/Cossa are ready.

If Yzerman can dump Husso and Holl it frees up 8.1 in cap and opens the starter slot for someone like Ullmark (5 million), Markstrom (6 million), Gibson (6.4 million), or Saros (5 million).
I agree

"Keeping the puck out of our net," starts with the guy in the net..

SY has got go pckg Husso...

Ullmark will be tough as Boston will not want to do us any favors...I'd look to a team out West

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I expect Mazur, Edvinsson, Johansson and Berggren (if not traded) to all be on the roster. I suspect the team regresses offensively.

But I think Yzerman goes after a UFA goalie to offset.

Our UFA walk and RFA get resigned. Raymond and Seider is up to them what they want for term, so I cannot speculate their AVV.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Do we really have to wait all summer on the Raymond/Seider contracts? Seems like SY would want to know exactly where he stands for FA in July.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Do we really have to wait all summer on the Raymond/Seider contracts? Seems like SY would want to know exactly where he stands for FA in July.

Yzerman already knows what Seider and Raymond are gonna get. He knows the caphits for different term options.

He knows them better than anyone in here and can operate normally at free agency, because he knows.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Yzerman already knows what Seider and Raymond are gonna get. He knows the caphits for different term options.

He knows them better than anyone in here and can operate normally at free agency, because he knows.
He likely knows within a couple hundred thousand what the AAV will be on various contract lengths. The problem is that until they are actually signed, he has to reserve enough cap space assuming they sign at the top end of that (relatively small) range. So it's probably a minor annoyance not to have them actually signed, but it shouldn't impact his plans too significantly.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
As a minor UFA signing. I wouldn’t mind scooping up Brandon Duhaime.

He hits everything that moves. Drives the other team crazy and is a good penalty killer.

Excellent skater and advanced metrics show his speed bursts at some of the highest rates among all players. High energy, fast and physical player would give an identity to our 4th line. Last year it was just random players who fell down the lineup. Not really checking role guys.

I think that’s what they were trying to do with Kostin. But he didn’t have the foot speed and couldn’t consistently draw in the lineup because he doesn’t kill penalties.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Would be nice if we didn't have to wait until after July 1 for Mo and Ray deals. We have plenty of space even with them signed.

Reactions: lilidk and wings95

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
If he wants to stay in Michigan that would be nice. I'm not sure what we could offer that is appealing in a bid for him. Not sure how I feel offering our 1st this year.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad