Prospect Info: 2024-25 Prospects Thread: As We Wait For Alexander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

They underrated FUS. Also time for a 24-25 prospect thread?

Was this article just a re-hash of '23's write-up?

This caught my eye" "Morrow, in particular, is expected to make immediate contributions, either with the Hurricanes or the Norfolk Admirals." Further, "Don’t be surprised if he never sees time in the AHL at all and starts next season with the Canes"

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
On AG's after show this week, he said he doesn't think any of them will make the Canes roster now.
I think the battle is Roslovic vs. youngster for 2LW and if a rookie shines it becomes Roslovic vs. the world (Carrier, Jost, Robinson, et al) for 3RW.

Also, I believe we're underestimating both Roslovic and Robinson....and it appears that Jost is having a pretty good camp. Tripp also made a comment about Lemieux's work over the Summer. He apparently is in very good shape.

Yes, I'm the eternal optimist, but I'm fairly comfortable with where we are, especially if one or more of the youngsters starts out gangbusters in Chicago.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Honestly the only one I'd really want is still in Russia. I know there's buzz around FUS/Blake/Nadeau but do we really need them thrown into the fire? FUS and Nadeau in particular are still, 19? Let them develop a little more.

Maybe Morrow if he impresses enough but I think he's better off QBing the PP for the Wolves for a year.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Jost seems like the kind of player that becomes his best self in a market like Raleigh and under a coach like Brind’Amour. I mean, not expecting him to live up to his lottery pick status, but I think he could end up bottom mainstay, just a hunch.

Personally, I think if a prospect is to make the team, it’ll be Blake. In limited viewings, I think he’s been the most impressive/NHL ready. I also don’t think it really matters if none of them make it. Carrier is bound to miss 20-30 games so at least one of them will be with the team a good chunk of the season.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
My hunch is we're likely to see all of Blake, Morrow, FUS, and Nadeau have cups of coffee during the season. It's probably best for their development to stay most of the year in the minors getting big minutes, but getting a game or two in the show to see what it's like, similar to last year. We'll probably have injuries to rotate them in.

To fill out the bottom 6, I'd imagine Brindy would rather lean on Jost or Robinson or a proven NHLer than a guy like Blake. Blake would have to blow the doors off in camp to make the team.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Jost seems like the kind of player that becomes his best self in a market like Raleigh and under a coach like Brind’Amour. I mean, not expecting him to live up to his lottery pick status, but I think he could end up bottom mainstay, just a hunch.

Personally, I think if a prospect is to make the team, it’ll be Blake. In limited viewings, I think he’s been the most impressive/NHL ready. I also don’t think it really matters if none of them make it. Carrier is bound to miss 20-30 games so at least one of them will be with the team a good chunk of the season.
I would keep suzuki with the big club if he has a solid camp and preseason. give him a month or so of practicing with the team to gauge his readiness. if he's not ready, bring up jost.

let the youngsters marinade in Chicago.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think Arty is the best pick we’ve had in awhile in that he has a projectable floor of a bottom six guy with energy and a solid skill level. He could be more but that’ll take some time to see if it projects over here. He could stay the same player and just get older, more experienced and stronger and end up being a solid player for us.

I liked both the Arty and Badinka for picks because they’re safer picks who importantly for us fit the style. The boom or bust guys have it tough with us even if they hit, if they can’t play Rod’s way. Both these two on paper fit like a glove. Badinka is mobile and defense first with decent skill, Arty has a high motor and forechecks like a demon with decent skill. Smart picks and I’ve struggled with our drafting under the Borg at times.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The number of forward prospects we have right now that could competently fill any role on the team is one of those things that really make me roll my eyes at the people whining about how expansion will water down talent. Does the league really lose anything if there are more spots for these guys? Role players and skill guys alike, there are a bunch of guys who could step in and play in the NHL tomorrow but there just isn't room for them.

Now, if only we could rebuild our defensive pipeline. Apart from one rather notable exception, nobody there gives me much confidence.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The number of forward prospects we have right now that could competently fill any role on the team is one of those things that really make me roll my eyes at the people whining about how expansion will water down talent. Does the league really lose anything if there are more spots for these guys? Role players and skill guys alike, there are a bunch of guys who could step in and play in the NHL tomorrow but there just isn't room for them.

Now, if only we could rebuild our defensive pipeline. Apart from one rather notable exception, nobody there gives me much confidence.
Law of averages perhaps, but I'm more bullish re: the current defensemen list. My Over/under of being a regular on a future NHL roster is 4 (Nikishin and 2, 3, 4 tbd):

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

In fairness, none of us had any idea what we had in Slavin and Pesce back when they were in the pipeline. And we over estimated what we had in Fleury and Bean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad