Injury Report: 2024-25 Injury Report thread (Gibson out 3-6 weeks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
1727405643015.png

How dare the strength coach not have Gibson doing yoga?

• Wow
Reactions: Yemeth

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
And this is why Gibson has negative value (along with his dogshit play), literally can never stay healthy.

Probably going to take him even longer to get back to 100%.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I’m not sure Gibson being out isn’t addition by subtraction at this point.

Just not convinced he’s a good goalie anymore at all
i think he can still be good, but only when he wants to be. we've seen flashes of that a couple times a season the last few years. guy has been checked out for a long time now

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
But are you really convinced we’re better off with Dansk?
Why does Dansk have to be our backup next season? I’m in favor of keeping Gibson the rest of this season and finding a more capable backup next offseason

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
At this point, it's better that Gibson has a significant 'off ice' training injury where he is out for the season. We would be able to have even more cap space and would be able to help a contender like Nashville add Fowler/Vatrano on the cheap for a bigger return. Gibby frequent minor injuries are more annoying than anything else at this point.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Am I wrong for not being too upset with the Gibby news? I mean I feel for the guy but it’s only a few weeks and think this is really an opportunity for Dostal to take the 1G role.

Reactions: ScarTroy

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
At this point, it's better that Gibson has a significant 'off ice' training injury where he is out for the season. We would be able to have even more cap space and would be able to help a contender like Nashville add Fowler/Vatrano on the cheap for a bigger return. Gibby frequent minor injuries are more annoying than anything else at this point.
Not only do we already have way more cap space than we know what to do with but this is not how the cap works

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I meant that playing Dostal more is probably better for the team
Sure but that would've sorted itself regardless. We definitely aren't better off not having Gibson to back him up. I certainly hope that if Dostal plays super well in his absence that Gibson doesn't immediately come back and start starting more games though

Reactions: Firequacker

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sure but that would've sorted itself regardless. We definitely aren't better off not having Gibson to back him up. I certainly hope that if Dostal plays super well in his absence that Gibson doesn't immediately come back and start starting more games though
The last sentence is my fear, I’m afraid Cronin is going into it with the mentality that it’s a 55/45 split in net in Gibsons favor when healthy. I hope I’m wrong.

It should be about 60/40 in Dostals favor

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I meant that playing Dostal more is probably better for the team

But at the risk of having Dansk as the backup could either derail the team's chances of earning points or risk wearing down Dostal early because he's playing too many games or both. Last year, Dostal was impressive to start the season, but that faltered hard in Nov. We had to rely on Gibby for a long minute until Dostal got his bearings back again in Dec.

Dostal2023-24
MonthGamesStartsWLOTAvg Game Sv%Avg total Sv%GA totalGA/game
Oct
5​
5​
4​
1​
0​
0.919​
0.921​
13​
2.60​
Nov
4​
4​
0​
4​
0​
0.796​
0.823​
22​
5.50​

The big picture is to improve our record. Being happy that Gibby is injured for a long while is a Pyrrhic victory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad