Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It depends how creative they want to be to circumvent the cap.

Marner goes to Anaheim for 2 seconds. At the TDL Marner gets traded to Toronto for a 1st and 2 seconds.

Not sure of the legality and both organizations are on the honor system, but it would be an interesting non-LTIR cap circumventing.

John
I think this MIGHT be legal if there is not retention, but the league can veto any trade if it feels that it’s being done for cap circumvention, so I would suspect that’s a big no.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

This guy has barely been on the “beat” and he just screams unprofessionalism at its finest.
He's having this much of a meltdown after 1 day?

james-franco-498-x-498-gif-xcydkuekyjew1jz9.gif

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Dallas is probably going to have to move Faksa to sign Harley after they decided to needlessly spend a bunch of money on bottom pair Dmen.

I'd bet good money Laine is moved as soon as he gets out of the player assistance program.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Forwards: Tarasenko, Henrique, Sprong, JVR, Tyler Johnson, Roslovic, Atkinson, Tatar, Hoffman, Pacioretty, Zadina, Wheeler, Yamamoto, Kubalik, Alex Nylander, Olofsson, Girgensons, Barabanov.

Defense: Schultz, Shattenkirk, Brannstrom, Suter, Barrie, Schmidt, PO Joseph, Lindstrom, Boqvist, Giordano, Kylington.

Man.. looks like a bleak list.

Forwards: JVR - maybe.. Wheeler - is he even physical anymore?, Atkinson, Pacioretty are all injury prone..
Defense is suspect at best..

I can't wait to hear the spin by some people here "Oh we avoided this contract, that contract, etc.' Meanwhile, our in division rivals get better because they spent the cash to do so.

Or Old Man Cronin coached him like 12 years ago in college, the ahl, or some other lower league.

this made me laugh so goddamn much.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

Oilers are gonna have to clear cap space.

For the right sweetener from Edmonton, I wouldn’t mind the Ducks taking on Ceci.
With their current lineup, Evander Kane looks like he's destined for the 4th line. I would never take him, but I wonder if they can find a way to dump him somewhere.

EDIT: I can definitely see us taking Ceci off their hands. I would probably want a 2nd for that favor.

Reactions: Dostwall

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
With their current lineup, Evander Kane looks like he's destined for the 4th line. I would never take him, but I wonder if they can find a way to dump him somewhere.

EDIT: I can definitely see us taking Ceci off their hands. I would probably want a 2nd for that favor.
Kane has got a NMC, which will complicate things.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
It might be that our GM just isn’t personable and doesn’t do a good job pitching UFAs like top teams do. We also have an owner that isn’t aggressive and makes investments prioritizing long term profitability and not winning… look at the newest owner, Utah… that guy who wants to dress young shows more motivation. Owners make a huge difference. Samueli doesn’t like to spend, it’s in his blood.

Anyhow, who do we think are the big trash pickups that Verbeek is targeting or other GMs hope to dump on us?

Top candidates:
- Laine
- Husso
- Kotkaniemi
- Holl
- Trouba
- Merzļikins

I’m sure there are many more…

Reactions: Dirk316

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad