Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Has it occurred to anyone else that he hasn't shot his shot yet? Like, there is zero chance that he's doing absolutely nothing. And he basically called his shot when he said he wanted a top-six forward and a top-four defenseman. The dude is a pro and he knows it'll mean his head if he does nothing after talking that talk.

I think it's possible, probable maybe, that he's working on a trade. And I think it's going to be Zegras and/or Gibson that's involved. Isn't it obvious that if you do jack squat in one avenue of player acquisition, your focus is probably on the other?
Again, the next sentence was “although I’m not sure if we will be able to do that”.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
so who's still left? it'll be pretty easy to pick who they'll sign from that list
Forwards: Tarasenko, Henrique, Sprong, JVR, Tyler Johnson, Roslovic, Atkinson, Tatar, Hoffman, Pacioretty, Zadina, Wheeler, Yamamoto, Kubalik, Alex Nylander, Olofsson, Girgensons, Barabanov.

Defense: Schultz, Shattenkirk, Brannstrom, Suter, Barrie, Schmidt, PO Joseph, Lindstrom, Boqvist, Giordano, Kylington.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
Forwards: Tarasenko, Henrique, Sprong, JVR, Tyler Johnson, Roslovic, Atkinson, Tatar, Hoffman, Pacioretty, Zadina, Wheeler, Yamamoto, Kubalik, Alex Nylander, Olofsson, Girgensons, Barabanov.

Defense: Schultz, Shattenkirk, Brannstrom, Suter, Barrie, Schmidt, PO Joseph, Lindstrom, Boqvist, Giordano, Kylington.
Of these, the only players that really interest me are: Tarasenko, Henrique, Sprong, Roslovic, Brannstrom, Schmidt, Boqvist, and Kylington.

And I’m not sure any of them really fit.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I can’t see them dumping him for anything less than the standard 1st/roster player/prospect
It depends how creative they want to be to circumvent the cap.

Marner goes to Anaheim for 2 seconds. At the TDL Marner gets traded to Toronto for a 1st and 2 seconds.

Not sure of the legality and both organizations are on the honor system, but it would be an interesting non-LTIR cap circumventing.

John

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
"We were in on a few guys, but just didnt materialize the way we hoped. The term that guys were asking for and getting, we just werent comfortable with. We have a good group of young kids in the pipeline and we arent going to jeopardize our future for immediate help. Its only day one, we have plenty of time before the season starts and there are options out there outside of the free agent market."
This is well-written and I honestly agree with it lol

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

i'm going to guess one of JVR, henrique, or johnson up front and either kylington or boqvist on D

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
You would have to think he’s working on a big trade, it doesn’t make sense, especially with his track record the past years on July 1st.

Feel like a Zegras trade is incoming

i'm going to guess one of JVR, henrique, or johnson up front and either kylington or boqvist on D
Boqvist is an intriguing option.

Could make for a good drysdale replacement

Reactions: gilfaizon

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
You would have to think he’s working on a big trade, it doesn’t make sense, especially with his track record the past years on July 1st.

Boqvist is my FA preference as well

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I mean, who is even out there that we could realistically get back for Zegras that would make some sense?
An extended Necas perhaps, but that would seem like a totally lateral move at best. Would rather just keep the younger, cheaper player.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

The replacement needed is not a soft undersized midget it's for a physical top 4 dman which Zegras will hopefully fetch but I doubt it

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I have got to know if Pat is even bothering trying to sign FA or if we're such a toxic place to play that no FA wants to be here
Maybe he saw it differently but the way I saw it if they weren’t getting a real difference maker up front like Stamkos or Marchessault then the rest of the class more or less wasn’t worth it. I figured both guys would be light on term(wrong!) and everyone else would either require too much of that, not really move the needle or a combination of both.

Reactions: Son of Gib

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad