Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
These contracts are insane.

Only one I’d have offered more for would’ve been Arvidsson. But it’s possible he took less to sign with a contender.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
8vldn3.jpg

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
We're probably still $6-7M or so away from the cap floor even after bringing back the RFA guys, so out of necessity we'll still need to do something.

Seems more likely via trade at this point.

Reactions: Son of Gib

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I still hate Nashville because of our history (and their annoying fan base) but no way they are actual contendors, even now.
I agree that they're not in the top contenders but they are still a playoff team at this point.

I think they'll be one and done (or miss the playoffs if Josi goes down), but they are a more competitive team then us at the moment quite easily which is what players in their mid 30's look at.

Reactions: Son of Gib

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
Plus he will probably play center for them. He'd be on the wing with us.
I agree that they're not in the top contenders but they are still a playoff team at this point.

I think they'll be one and done (or miss the playoffs if Josi goes down), but they are a more competitive team then us at the moment quite easily which is what players in their mid 30's look at.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I honestly don't care for big signings, but would have liked to have signed a handful of high effort physical players like Lomberg, Carrier, Carrick, Duhaime, Lafferty types. Now they are all pretty much gone...

I think it is pretty inexcusable to not have even signed these low-cost veterans to surround our young skill. It's not like we don't have the budget...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad