Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Buium is 6' and Walker is 5' 11" you know. Kind of a curious change in opinion...

The thing with Walker is we don't have a bigger LD to play him with. Maybe mintyukov? Could be a good pairing.
Walker is not being signed to be a top pairing undersized D. Buium would have been drafted to be an undersized top pairing D. The Ducks absolutely made the right decision with Sennecke and the fact that Buium was the sixth D chosen more or less reinforces that feeling.

Walker would fit well with any of the kid D. Again, my thought on Walker is that he'll actually be willing to come to socal.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I've actually been thinking about this since they drafted Sennecke. The Ducks are/were weak on the wings. They've been experimenting with Zegras as a solution to the Wing issue. It clearly isn't working and I think management knows it. What have they done since trying Zegras on the wing? Traded for Gauthier and drafted Sennecke, two core wingers.

Now the trade for Gauthier happened to open a hole on RD. The Ducks aren't likely to be drafting high anymore so how do you fill the hole at RD. Trade. Who has enough value to return a top 3 RD? Zegras.

I know that Sennecke isn't going be on the team for a while, so it's not like Zegras has no spot right now. But if you think of it as who's going to be on a cup contending core, I think the Gauthier and Sennecke moves might indicate that Zegras isn't a part of the winger core. Especially if they sign a RW in FA.

I can definitely see one of Zegras/McTavish moved for a RD, most likely Zegras since they seem to be keeping McTavish as 2C.
Or we keep Zegras and we’re a nightmare matchup where teams have to deal with lines centered by Carlsson, Zegras, and McTavish and we actually have 3 lines that can score in the new high octane NHL.

Oct 18, 2011
Everyone’s favourite insider thinks we’re going to be big players tomorrow, per his podcast. Seravalli redemption arc incoming?
Thought this was an eklund post at first

Or we keep Zegras and we’re a nightmare matchup where teams have to deal with lines centered by Carlsson, Zegras, and McTavish and we actually have 3 lines that can score in the new high octane NHL.
Trading zegras when his value has gone down is stupid. Only way I do it is if I got the exact same value of what I would have wanted a year ago, otherwise no reason to do it

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think it’s important to remember that regardless of who we sign tomorrow, this team starts taking steps forward when the young kids start taking steps forward.

We’re getting supplemental players. Not “drive the bus” players.
Part of developing the young players is having talent around them. It’s critical for development that the ducks plug some holes with upgraded talent.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
Seems like Marchessault may be the best bet for the Ducks to land a T6 RW.

He’s already got his cup and the Ducks could give him a big pay day. I’m guessing they’d have to go 4 years to get him. Something over 4x$7M AAV?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Seems like Marchessault may be the best bet for the Ducks to land a T6 RW.

He’s already got his cup and the Ducks could give him a big pay day. I’m guessing they’d have to go 4 years to get him. Something over 4x$7M AAV?
He is going into his age 34 season. a 4 year deal seems crazy to me. I would rather way overpay for 2 years.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2