Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Can Schmidt play the right side?

Schmidt only played the right side in Vegas with Mcnabb. I love Schmidt but I'm not sure there is a great fit here pairing wise. His game hasn't been the same since Vegas and is probably better suited for a 3rd pair role.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I have no interest in Pesce, just reeks to me of a contract that will become horrendous in ~3 years.

I would rather get a middle-of-the-pack or even budget player who ties us over until better options are available then get stuck in a bad contract.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That's pretty interesting because there had been rumors around that that's what Tampa was trying to do with Stamkos and another rumor that's what the Leafs were going to offer Tanev. Hope the league cuts this shit off now.

How do you prove intent though? Stamkos may well intend on playing til he is 40. Just seems like a slippery slope unless perhaps it involves a player on record saying they don't plan on playing long enough to fulfill the contract.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
How do you prove intent though? Stamkos may well intend on playing til he is 40. Just seems like a slippery slope unless perhaps it involves a player on record saying they don't plan on playing long enough to fulfill the contract.
I think the idea is they are threatening to crack down on approving the so called injury that ends their career on LTIR. Like suddenly becoming allergic to your equipment?

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Here's my guess for the next few days:

Roy (5 x 6.5 mil) - My thoughts are that he'd love to keep his life, house, etc... in SoCal and the Ducks will offer a big contract. Fits need and makes sense

Marsh (3 x 7 mil) or Stamkos (3 x 8 mil) - Both make sense for obvious need and the Ducks have the cap space

Gibson (trade) - I'm thinking they have a deal already set with Detroit and they are waiting for the retention spot to open up. Husso would obviously come back and something else to make the trade worth it

Kakko (trade) - Probably won't happen but there was interest before and he makes me think of Silf. I like that type of player

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024

Roy (5 x 6.5 mil) - My thoughts are that he'd love to keep his life, house, etc... in SoCal and the Ducks will offer a big contract. Fits need and makes sense

Marsh (3 x 7 mil) or Stamkos (3 x 8 mil) - Both make sense for obvious need and the Ducks have the cap space

Gibson (trade) - I'm thinking they have a deal already set with Detroit and they are waiting for the retention spot to open up. Husso would obviously come back and something else to make the trade worth it

Kakko (trade) - Probably won't happen but there was interest before and he makes me think of Silf. I like that type of player
This would practically be my dream offseason.

I echo your thoughts on Gibson. There was too much smoke there early last week for something not to come of it.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I mean how does that line up even look(assuming marsh)

Gauthier Carlsson Marsh
Vatrano McTavish Terry
Killorn Zegras Kakko
Johnston Strome Leason

Fowler Lacombe/Luneau/Lindstrom
Mintyukov Roy
Zellweger Gudas

Dostal/ Husso? Keep the 6 dmen in between 19-23 mins, dont really overwork any pairing.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I mean how does that line up even look(assuming marsh)

Gauthier Carlsson Marsh
Vatrano McTavish Terry
Killorn Zegras Kakko
Johnston Strome Leason

Fowler Lacombe/Luneau/Lindstrom
Mintyukov Roy
Zellweger Gudas

Dostal/ Husso? Keep the 6 dmen in between 19-23 mins, dont really overwork any pairing.

That's pretty much how I imagined it. As long as everyone is healthy, should be a better team.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
It surprised me that people think Lundy isn't a PV type. The guy is always working hard and kills a ton of penalties, he's close to the definition of a PV type for me.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2