Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I would’ve liked any of Viktor Arvidsson, David Perron or Tyler Bertuzzi at the prices they ended up going for. Also thought that Chychrun went for peanuts, although he wouldn’t have solved our RHD issue.

That’s about it, the rest of these deals are straight garbage. Beeker has to figure out new ways of injecting some talent into this lineup.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Why couldn't we have at least gone to discount shopping? I would have been happy if we threw some darts at guys like Stenlund, Raddysh, Lafferty types. Arvidsson, Carrier, and even Zadorov contracts would have given some hope...

Players are definitely passing on us...

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I agree these deals seem outlandish... but at some point if that's what all the deals are going for you have jumpin yeah? Of course we don't know if there have been good offers sent out and the players aren't interested

Not necessarily. Some situations you might be able to stomach the cap hit but the term could be too much to handle. Im not going to sign a guy only to have him blocking my prospect pool in 2-3 seasons. Id rather pivot and start looking at other options.

But ya, the one thing no one ever considers is what the player wants. We could be offering the same exact deals but a player has ties to a different city or is being promised better playing time or the other team is in a better spot to start competing for a Cup or even playoffs.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Why couldn't we have at least gone to discount shopping? I would have been happy if we threw some darts at guys like Stenlund, Raddysh, Lafferty types. Arvidsson, Carrier, and even Zadorov contracts would have given some hope...

Players are definitely passing on us...

Yeah Lomberg and Stenlund both could have upgraded the 4th line for a fair price.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ducks fans going into free agent frenzy and then seeing how it turns out:

pedro-pascal-laughing-then-crying.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad