2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No one wanted to buy him. No one even made an offer. Also, he's scored three goals this season (2 in the Carabao Cup) and seems to have found his confidence somewhat.
There’s always a sucker. Had he been shown the door (ETH has no issues with pushing players away. See Ronaldo) 1 goal heading into October is horseshit. Adding goals against a third tier side is a f***ing joke.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

If only the finishing was on that level...
I've watched a fair chunk of Man U in the league this season and have yet to see them look good. The grim statistic of 5 goals in 5 matches feels more reflective of their play.

This early in the season, there's a lot of noise in the 'expected' stats - per-90 measures are going to have some pretty wild standard deviations when teams have only played 5 90's. I think most people would agree that Chelsea are fair value for where they are in the table right now, but our xG and xGA is wonky because we were super clinical against Wolves (how often is a 6-2 an 'expected' draw???) and Sanchez saved a penalty. Until matchweek 10, I take nothing from a per-90 stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad