GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Nice hill to die on, defending Noel Accairi. :laugh:
Here's the thing - if they cut Noal Acciari tomorrow, I won't be on here thinking it's the end of the world and a lost cause.

I've backed Sam Poulin since he was drafted. I was pushing for him to get a look in the NHL in between his injuries last year. But if Poulin is put on waivers and gets claimed, I won't be whining about the Penguins' management of him.

Why? Because players need to seize opportunities, no matter how small. Skating with mostly roster fodder and AHL contracts? Be a leader and a play driver for that line. Show me something. Show you deserve more opportunities. Poulin taking two bad penalties away from play in his first preseason game isn't doing that.

Every coach - every boss - has favorites. They have a type they like. It's up to you to prove otherwise, and if your current coach still doesn't buy in to your game, then at least you've put something on video for other organizations.

It's why I've been so critical of Filip Hallander. Dude quit the NHL at age 22 because he wasn't getting NHL opportunities. I understand there may have been a personal reason tied into his departure for Europe, too, but it's still the absolute wrong mindset.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Here's the thing - if they cut Noal Acciari tomorrow, I won't be on here thinking it's the end of the world and a lost cause.

I've backed Sam Poulin since he was drafted. I was pushing for him to get a look in the NHL in between his injuries last year. But if Poulin is put on waivers and gets claimed, I won't be whining about the Penguins' management of him.

Why? Because players need to seize opportunities, no matter how small. Skating with mostly roster fodder and AHL contracts? Be a leader and a play driver for that line. Show me something. Show you deserve more opportunities. Poulin taking two bad penalties away from play in his first preseason game isn't doing that.

Every coach - every boss - has favorites. They have a type they like. It's up to you to prove otherwise, and if your current coach still doesn't buy in to your game, then at least you've put something on video for other organizations.

It's why I've been so critical of Filip Hallander. Dude quit the NHL at age 22 because he wasn't getting NHL opportunities. I understand there may have been a personal reason tied into his departure for Europe, too, but it's still the absolute wrong mindset.

Mike Sullivan sucks ass.

We have a top prospect in McG and he’s likely not even get one preseason game with top talent.

Reactions: Darren McCord

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Lines literally yesterday --

Penguins' lines and pairings at the skate.

Drew O'Connor - Lars Eller - Valtteri Puustinen
Vasily Ponomarev - Tristan Broz - Rutger McGroarty
Emil Bemstrom - Noel Acciari - Jesse Puljujarvi
Avery Hayes - Corey Andonovski - Jimmy Huntington

Owen Pickering - Jack St. Ivany
Sebastian Aho - Ryan Shea
Ryan Graves - John Ludvig / Mac Hollowell

That first line, by the way, isn't playing today, so it will likely play tomorrow in Detroit.

But Puustinen is getting the shaft.
I have nothing to comment on this specific post. I just want to give you credit for what you do here. I appreciate you rising above the negativity. One of the few posters I actually give credence to.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think people are seriously missing the fact that the Penguins are about to play five preseason games in six days, starting with tonight's game.

They're going to have to keep guys in camp longer than they would have just because of that. It's actually GOOD for guys battling for spots, because they're going to get a longer opportunity.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Lines from 9/23/2024 posted as truth on 9/29/2024. Interesting logic.
Lines literally yesterday --

Penguins' lines and pairings at the skate.

Drew O'Connor - Lars Eller - Valtteri Puustinen
Vasily Ponomarev - Tristan Broz - Rutger McGroarty
Emil Bemstrom - Noel Acciari - Jesse Puljujarvi
Avery Hayes - Corey Andonovski - Jimmy Huntington

Owen Pickering - Jack St. Ivany
Sebastian Aho - Ryan Shea
Ryan Graves - John Ludvig / Mac Hollowell

That first line, by the way, isn't playing today, so it will likely play tomorrow in Detroit.

But Puustinen is getting the shaft.
This is just a case of Center dispersal in a lineup lacking them. Because Acciari is able to do it and he's behind Eller in the depth chart, he got moved, unblocking 1RW for Puustinen.
But you both know what will happen come regular season games, when only a wing spot is available and it's between the two of them.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I have nothing to comment on this specific post. I just want to give you credit for what you do here. I appreciate you rising above the negativity.
Don't confuse realism for pessimism during a down period for the team.
There's a lot more bad happening with this team than good, so that's what people talk about. That's because they're frustrated, care about the team, and want them to get better.
There's nothing about this team or its immediate future that warrants a sunshine and roses mentality. So stop demanding this from the user base.

I get that you want everything to be like 2017 again, but that was a long time ago and people are worn out with the bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad